Can the Suscribe form Always Show the email field?

Team WPMU,

Currently, the plugin recognizes network members and, unlike for non-members, gives them a "subscribe" button instead of asking them for their name and email. Is it possible to change this?

I ask because my users are very confused by this, so accustomed to seeing an actual form. Even worse, prospective signup are also confused -- both parties believe the form is not working.

I don't want anyone to be confused and I don't feel the changed form for networked users has any benefit. Is there a way this feature can be disabled so the actual form fields are always shown?

Thanks!

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @jetmac, hope you're well today!

This is not something that is possible out of a box with e-Newsletter, it would require making modifications to the plugin. I'll move this to features and feedback so other members can vote on it. If it proves to be popular we'll consider making such option in the future versions of the plugin.

Also, if you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @jetmac,

Thank you for your reply.

To achieve this you can try editing the following e-Newsletter plugin file on line numbers 2333 and 2351 respectively as following.

e-Newsletter plugin file:
    wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/e-newsletter.php

Before editing on line number 2333 :

if ( isset($current_user->data->ID) ) {

After editing on line number 2333 :

if ( isset($current_user->data->ID) && false ) {

Before editing on line number 2351 :

if ( !isset($current_user->data->ID) ) {

After editing on line number 2351 :

if ( !isset($current_user->data->ID) || true ) {

Alternatively just replace the above plugin file with the attached modified plugin which contains the above changes.

I have tested the above solution on my test site using the shortcode enewsletter_subscribe and it worked fine for me.

Note: You are making changes in the plugin file and these changes will be overwritten and lost when you update the plugin and you will have to make these changes again after plugin updation.

There is already a feature request created for this feature and this feature may be added in future version of plugin but We don't publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed(which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!).

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• jetmac

Vinod,

I'll give this a shot, thanks for pointing it out in the other thread, I was unaware you had posted a solution.

But it would definitely be better if users had more control over the form without having to edit the plugin itself. As you said, those changes get overridden and you have to start all over. Not the best -- got enough going on as it is.

It's been a few months and a few updates since this was raised -- is this change going to happen?

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.