Can the upcoming events widget show just one of a recurring series?

I've just entered a sequence of identical performances with the Events+ plugin, which is working fine, but I'd like the Upcoming Events widget on our front page only to show one entry for the whole series, rather than every one individually. Is that possible with some PHP, or could it be incorporated as a future feature request, please?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Iain,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

In the meanwhile you can achieve this by editing the following Events + plugin file on line number 52 as displayed below.

Events + plugin file :
    wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/widgets/Upcoming_Widget.class.php

Before Editing :

echo '<div id="event-popular"><ul>';
    foreach ($_events as $_event) {

After Editing :

echo '<div id="event-popular"><ul>';
    foreach ($_events as $_event) {
    	if($_event->get_parent()){
    		continue;
    	}

Alternatively you can try using the attached Upcoming_Widget.class.php file and overwrite your plugin file with it. The attached file contains the above change.

Please note you are making changes in the plugin file therefore you have to make these changes again after plugin updation as changes made in the plugin file get lost on plugin updation.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.