Can the User Synchronization plugin work with Membership?

Hi,

We have a site using membership for subscriptions with over 10000 members.
We have built a new site in a sub domain for live testing.
Now we need all members/users and their subscription details imported from the root domain install to the sub domain install.
Once successful, we remove root install and move the sub into root folder - shiny new website, all the same users :slight_smile:

Is this something that the User Synchronization plugin will be capable of?

Thanks in advance!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @Benbodhi Mantra,

Currently I don't think this is possible, User sync will certainly sync the users, but it can't sync the membership subscriptions. The paypal IPN would also need a forwarding script too. I can certainly add this to the feature requests, however I couldn't give an ETA or when this could be included at all.

Hope this helps

• Benbodhi Mantra
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Vaughan,

Thanks for the info!

There definitely needs to be some sort of export/import functionality for membership.
    Also a way to check membership subscriptions against paypal subscriptions - a kind of account reconciliation would be amazing.

Do you have any directions or somewhere to point me as to how I can get our members across and achieve this original goal?

Thanks Vaughan!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Benbodhi Mantra,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

We are looking into that for Membership 4.0, User Sync wouldn't transfer their membership details.

You'd need to bulk assign the subscriptions in the membership interface (30 at a time), or you could write a SQL query for that :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Benbodhi Mantra
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jack,

I thought that might be the case.
    I will definitely need to do it in the database as 30 a time (even 200 a time) would be way too monotonous.

I could maybe just copy all the users and membership data straight from the original database.

Are the subscription details for each user in the user meta table? Which tables would I need to copy across exactly?

Thanks heaps for your help

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @Benbodhi Mantra,

The user details are in the usermeta table, but the membership subscription details are stored in the wp_m_membership_relationships table,

You will see each subscription detail is linked to each subscription plan ID, and the corresponding subscription for that user is linked by the user_id column which then corresponds with the ID of the user in the wp_users table.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.