Can this notice message be fixed?

Im getting this warning when opening the customizer of the template I use, Matheson, in a new subsite.

Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /home/user/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3547

As I have said all week, I know Notices can be ignored and I have already been warned about keeping Debug on but reporting these issues while developing seems to be the right thing to do. I have already set it up as child theme. Can you fix it?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Ocean Digital Corp,

Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /home/user/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3547

I'm afraid that we can't fix this.
    This is a bug in bbPress core and in fact it's a pretty old one too! See https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4830

I think I saw JJJ mention somewhere that he's going to be revisiting this soon, but all we can do here is hope.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Mike D
    • The Bug Hunter

Ok, thanks again. Its good to know the bbPress is the culprit. It gets me thinking of all the other errors I have been having on other sites using bbPress where I also had MailPoet and all the User problems. Maybe BBP was the real issue?

Since I am rebuilding this one particular subsite today I have the opportunity to change forum plugins. What do you think of bbPress vs WPMUDEV Forums vs any other ones you might know of. I was using bbPress because its compatible with BuddyPress and I wanted to install that in the future to expand the community in this subsite eventually.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Ocean Digital Corp

I hope you are well today.

Like I discussed in your thread, you can ignore this notice too. BBPress is a very popular plugin and pretty much compatible with BuddyPress. You will get lots of help for BBpress in the community.

WPMU DEV Forum plugin is a simple and light weight plugin. Very fast and very easy to use. But note that, this plugin runs only the backend. There is not front end integration of this plugin.

Another popular plugin is Simple Press: http://simple-press.com/ I never used it but it looks promising.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.