Can Time Slots update according to the service selected?

According to my client's needs we changed the minimum time slot to 5 minutes. When you go to book an appointment the entire calendar is filled with a very long list of 5 minute time slots, which looks quite daunting to the client.

Question 1: Is there a way to display a different time frame other than 5 minute increments by default when a client first comes to book an appointment. This is kind of tied into the next question, I suppose. If I can set the 30 minute appointment as the initial value, and the calendar will show 30 minute increments, for example, that would be optimal.

Question 2: When a client selects, say, a 30 minute service, can the booking calendar refresh to show 30 minute time slots instead of 5 minute time slots? As it is, it's extremely confusing to the person booking an appointment because they only see 5 minute time slots even though they've selected a 30 minute session.

Thanks for your help!

• Randy George

Hi Vaughan,

Thanks for your post. I'm not sure that it's possible for my client to do that. She's a life coach and books calls for 5, 15, 30, 45, and 60 minutes. And she'll be adding some other counselors. Each counselor is able to take calls of the same increments. I'm thinking there's no way to create different services for the different time slots, but please correct me if you see a way.

The booking calendar would work better if it was more like Google Calendar, where you can select an open time first (so the calendar would just show half hour increments), and once you select the time slot you could then select the session length.

Right now, if you want to book a call of any length, a client will end up at a calendar with 100+ five minute increments that stretch all the way down the page. My client is considering switching calendar apps. I'm hoping we can find a work-around. I know setting up this application is very complex as everyone has specials needs, so thanks for your help and insight!

Randy

• Vaughan

hiya

I know appointments can use google calendar API. but i'm not sure it works with it the way you require. I'm no expert on the API itself. though if it works like gcal does in the browser where you share calendars and can switch certain ones on/off by clicking the colour. I don't know. let me ping @aecnu as he may no more about the gcal integration & exactly how it works.

thanks.

• aecnu

Greetings Randy George and Vaughan,

Chiming in here as Vaughan has requested and I admit I have never used GCal myself.

However, that has not kept me from observing how the lead developer has suggested folks using it to integrate and manage things they cannot with Appointments + straight up.

It is therefore my opinion that activating the GCal add on and testing it out is indeed the proper course of action to take at this time.

Let us know how it goes and looking forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.