Can Ultimate branding use placeholders in its login widget

I couldn't tell from the description, but when I installed Ultimate Branding I was unable to see how to add placeholders to the login input fields.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi djohns

I assume you're referring to Ultimate Branding's "Login Screen" module, is that right?

If so, then yes - there's no option to add placeholders, I'm afraid.

That sounds like a great feature though, so please feel free to start a new thread as a feature request on our Features & Feedback forum (or let me know and I'll be glad to move this one there).

If it comes to workaround for this, it should be possible to add such placeholders using some additional JavaScript. Is this the default (domain.com/wp-login.php) login form that you wish to add placeholders to or some front-end login?

Best regards,
    Adam

• djohns

Hi Adam,

I'm not seeing the Features & Feedback forum so please do move this one there.

Using the default wp-login.php form would be fine. One thing people may or may not also be interested in, is using icons as part of the placeholder.
    Loginstyle has this, and I went back to that for a bit but I'd really like to try Ultimate Branding.

It would also be very nice if social signins could be used and also 2-factor authentication, for those folks who use that.

One more question - does Ultimate Branding allow me to change some of the error message text when someone tries to sign on unsuccessfully?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi djohns

Thanks for your suggestion, we have moved this ticket to features and feedback section so our developers can consider adding these in future.

2-factor authentication is available with our Defender plugin, you can check it out here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-defender/

One more question - does Ultimate Branding allow me to change some of the error message text when someone tries to sign on unsuccessfully?

You can enable Text Change module in Ultimate Branding to replace those.
    It uses translatable strings and replaces them with the new text, and one thing to note here that it depends on what the translatable string looks like in the code.
    For example, on a login page, if you use the wrong username and see "Invalid Username" error, in order to replace it this is the string that you will need to set as the one that you want to replace:
    <strong>ERROR</strong>: Invalid username.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.