Can Upfront and the other plugins of WPMUDEV run under PHP 7.0

Can Upfront run under PHP 7.0

Michael

• Rupok

Hi Michael,

Thanks for asking. Upfront and our other plugins should run fine on PHP 7. I've been running Upfront on PHP 7 in two of my test sites and they are working absolutely fine without any issue. So it should work fine for you too.

Please let us know if you find any issue with any of our plugins in PHP 7. We will be glad to investigate further and will try to resolve those as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Mark Johnson

Upfront and our other plugins should run fine on PHP 7.

So I want to say that I agree that WPMU DEV plugins should work fine with PHP 7, but that doesn't mean they do. A quick search of the support forums reveals many people having problems with various WPMU DEV plugins and PHP 7 (or at least PHP 7 compatibility scanners).

I just found out that my SiteGround SG Optimizer reports compatibility errors in the Upfront Editor.

I think we need a mechanism for PHP 7 certification by WPMU DEV across all plugins (and published notification of same). This should be high priority for WPMU DEV.

• Michael

Hi Mark,

exactly. The issue with the SiteGround SG Optimizer report was the reason why I started the post. However it seems that all runs smooth in my setup under PHP 7.0 and I will keep it.

More of a problem for me are the virtual pages in some plugins which are not compatible with the Upfront Builder. I have a separate thread about that. But WPMUDEV promised to work on that issue in the upcoming updates.

Michael

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Michael,

Our developers are aware of what SG Optimizer is reporting with Upfront and PHP 7 and they are working on this.
    However as mentioned before Upfront works on sites with PHP 7 (I also use Upfront on PHP 7).

Yes, there is this issue with virtual pages :slight_frown: - but developers are working on compatibility with more plugins that are using virtual pages.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.