Can 'User Synchronization' synchronize users from my WP Network to the original WP parent

I have users that are created in my MU Network by using ProSites plugin. I want those users to automatically synchronize to be users on the original WP root site of the installation.

Can 'User Synchronization' do this? Or are there any hacks that can be easily implemented to make 'User Synchronization' do this?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

That wouldn't be possible sorry.

The plugin is currently designed and developed for single site installs.

I want those users to automatically synchronize to be users on the original WP root site of the installation.

Are we talking about the main site with the multisite here? Or a separate install?

If it is in the same network then WordPress by default should register your members on the network. They then have a pseudo subscriber role to all subsites. Plugins can manipulate that though.

Take care.

• russcannizzaro
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the quick reply!

Are we talking about the main site with the multisite here? Or a separate install?

I'm talking about the "main site" in the multisite.. not a separate install.

Basically, I want users who sign up through ProSites for their own site to be listed in 1) the 'Users' list of my original site (the root or "/" in my MS sites list) in addition to 2) the list of users across the Network & 3) obviously as a user of their own individual site.

Right now I see them listed as users in the Network User list (2) & their our own site (3), but not on my original root site (1).

If I'm reading the quote below right, WP by default should register users on my original root site.

If it is in the same network then WordPress by default should register your members on the network. They then have a pseudo subscriber role to all subsites. Plugins can manipulate that though.

Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do? Thanks again!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Ah yeah, I see what you mean.

That isn't Pro Sites, thats WordPress. When they signup for a blog they get the account with the blog they create. If they don't signup for a blog they get the account on the root site.

They still have a pseudo Subscriber role on your site though.

If you want them to have an actual role then you need a plugin like this one:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multisite-user-management/screenshots/

Its not been updated for a while but hopefully it will work for you.

Take care.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking in to see if this ticket is now resolved? As we haven't heard back, I'm hoping it is and am marking it accordingly, but if you have any questions on this in the future, feel free to re-open it and let us know.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.