Can users hide custom header content with css?

I'm using inline styles for my Global Header Content and just wondering if site admins would be able to hide the content using custom css. All the themes I'm using have an option for custom css, so this concerns me.

• Tedster

Well, I'm no so css savvy :p So I'm curious how they can hide it as there are no classes or ids to target.

<center><div style="background-color: #333; width: 100%; padding: 0 10px;">
    <div style="color: #fff; padding: 2px; margin: 0 auto;">Featured eBay Auctions: Phones | Cameras | Computers | Tools | Fashions | Toys | More!</div>

Note, the above code is just a mock-up so I can see how it works. :slight_smile:

I prefer to allow custom css for two reasons -- I think they would like to use it and, more importantly, it would be a big undertaking to disable it on 44 themes.

• Tedster

By the way, not arguing your point... just curious and want to know these things. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Okay, I got it...

div[style] {display:hidden !important;}

div[style] {visibility: hidden !important;}

and to prevent users from doing that I just make sure to use those properties in my code and use !important to make sure they are not overridden. I'm sure there are other ways to hide the output of Header Content, but guessing 90% of those who try to will use display or visibility.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Tedster,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

If there are no ID's or classes to target then they won't be able to use CSS to hide it and if they did use a broad term like center { display: none; } it would hide a bunch of stuff they probably wouldn't want to hide, so I don't think you need to worry about it :slight_smile: if that's what you were saying above then my apologies - you have it all sorted!

Have a great rest of your weekend Tedster!

All the best,

• Tedster

Hi Tyler,

That is what I was saying above but still, I was still not sure. Thank you for confirming I'm in the right direction. I guess the bottom line is that some will still try to hide the header content regardless how difficult I make it. I'll just have to deal with those users on an individual basis. That's just the nature of the Internet.

I wish there was an attribute such as div {override: disabled;} :smiley: