Can Users Register as Participants Only with Prosites?

I have enabled Prosites. Working fine. However, there doesn't seem to be a way for users to register as Participants without having to create their own blog. I want to give users an option to just register as Participants so they can participate in BB Forums across the entire network (Forums on the primary domain, and any subdomain Forums). I have enabled the option in Prosites to allow users to set up a free site (i.e. they can choose "No thanks" and by-pass the Pricing Table), but I can't find the option for users to register as Participants so they can start contributing to all forums within the network.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Simon,

This is possible but you have to "revert" process - first allow to register blog (or user account) and after they have blog they can go to pro sites and upgrade to pro level.
    To do that, you have to in Pro Site Settings disable option "Signup on Checkout"

and also remember to enable " Both sites and user accounts can be registered." in Network Settings.

Let me know if you have more questions

kind regards,
    Kasia

• SimonSays.World
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Kasia,

Thanks for the reply. I followed your recommendations (i.e. unchecked "Signup on Checkout", ensured that "Both sites and User Accounts can be registered) , but now ProSites is not functioning to upgrade free users to Pro after selecting a plan.

Also, two WPMUDEV Plugins for MultiSite are now not working: (1) Remove Email Verification and (2) Set Password on MultiSite Blog Creation.

Hope you can help. In addition to getting ProSites working to upgrade Users, I really would like the two Plugins to operate during the registration process.

Simon

• SimonSays.World
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kasia,

After reading more Support Topics, I found that the "Remove Email Verification" plugin is incompatible with BuddyPress, so I got rid of that plugin and used "BuddyPress Auto Activate Autologin Redirect To Profile On Signup" instead (now works).

However, I am still having serious problems trying to upgrade Users from a Free Blog to a ProSite. ProSites seems to be stuck. Here are the issues when a Free User tries to upgrade to any ProSite Level:

1. After completion of PayPal checkout for a new ProSite (Live Checkout) no ProSite upgrade is processed.
    2. The User is redirected to a page "Finalising your site..." (see attachment). Shouldn't this be a "Congratulations on your LEVEL Upgrade" page? Also, the admin login URL points to the primary domain, not the multi-site.
    3. No ProSite upgrade confirmation email is sent to the User.
    4. When the determined User tries to upgrade to ProSites again (hitting the ProUpgrade button on Dashboard), they are redirected to the Pricing Table at https://..domain/register/, but a notification at the top of the page reads: "There are pending changes to your account. This message will disappear once these pending changes are completed." Nothing happens.

I'm sure there's a simple solution, but I'm losing sleep over this as my site is live. Any help you can provide will be most welcome.

Thanks again in advance!

Simon

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.