Can users sign up for membership on one site and it give them access to that and another site on dif

When a user signs up for membership on on site ( http://www.siteA.com multi-site) can I give then access to another site (www.siteB.com)
What I am trying to do is use another domain with different hosting to make a site with videos (training lectures). I dont want to consume the site (www.siteA.com multisite -hostgator) with all the training material- videos I made for uses to learn the multi-site . I want to use another hosting account with different host. But I dont want the user to go through the membership process twice, plus if I delete them from my mulit-site then I will not have to do it again on the other site.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @aaronjamesweb

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

Out of the box, membership works on a site by site basis, which means that each site is separate from each other and can't work in that way.

You can use, the define for global tables which is.

define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', true);

And then membership will work in a global way across all sites.

Please note global tables is quite complicated and I would recommend testing it first in a development site, and then make a backup before making it live.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• aaronjamesweb
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Quick question to this. I am just a little confused where you said 'all sites', pls clarify.

In the tables;

define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', true);

when you say 'all sites', can I define in there just the two sites (the mulit-site and reg-site w/tutorials) in that table?

thanks

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @aaronjamesweb

Thank you for the additional questions :slight_smile:

when you say 'all sites', can I define in there just the two sites (the mulit-site and reg-site w/tutorials) in that table?

I'm afraid not unfortunately, the global constant for global tables, works across all sites within the network, meaning that each site would be restricted though you can of course setup different rules/subscriptions.

and when you refer to 'all sites' are you speaking in terms of all the sites on the mulit-install?

You are indeed correct :slight_smile: I'm referring to all sites within the multisite network :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.