Can users submit wikis only editable by them?

Basically, what I want to do is have a user submit a wiki that only they (or the admin) can edit and not other users. Is this possible with the plugin?

• Mattymar
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I understand that, Vinod. But what I want to do is make it so that only the person who created the wiki can edit it. So everyone can create a wiki, but only the person who created it can edit it. I’m not sure how to set that up with the roles.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @mattymar,

what I want to do is make it so that only the person who created the wiki can edit it. So everyone can create a wiki, but only the person who created it can edit it.

Unfortunately currently there isn’t any option int he plugin to achieve it.

I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Kind Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• hydrastudio
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I would be very interested in adding my vote for this addition to the system.

Our dev is backed up with enough work at the moment to not be able to look at this so I’d also be interested in a hack in the short term if possible.

Cheers

Gavin.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Gavin,

Just grant all your user roles the permission to edit wiki using any user role manager plugin like following.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor

And in the plugin file

wiki/wki-include.php

Add the following code on line number 1129 replacing existing one.

echo '<h3>'.__('Edit', $this->translation_domain).'</h3>';
    $last_edited_author_id = get_post_meta($post_ID, '_edit_last', true);
    if ( $last_edited_author_id == get_current_user_id()) {

Add the following code on line number 1182 replacing existing one.

echo  '</form>';
    }else{
    _e('You must be creator of this wiki to make changes in it.', $this->translation_domain );
    }

Best Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.