Can we adjust/offset all the working hours?

Can working hours be adjusted globally? All our sessions begin and end at half past the hour. That is we'd like to specify working hours from 8:30 to 9:30 to 10:30 and so on. Is this possible in either Appointments + and a Bookings + plugin?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

You can simply select the Time base (minutes) to 60 in General Settings and then in Working hours you can select the time from half past the hour to half past the next hour.

Are you not able to do that ?

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• vfowler
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

The options I have in Working Hours are all set on the hour, from 12:00 am, 1:00am, 2:00am through to 11:00pm.

What I want is from 7:30am, 8:30am, 9:30am and so on through to 11:30pm.

There is no offset option that I can see. Am I doing something wrong?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Sorry to have missed your last response on this thread. Looks like it got dropped from my feed :slight_frown:

Can you kindly give me a screenshot of General tab of Appointments plus settings ?

I just quickly tested on mine and it allows me to select the durations from half past hours.

Here is a quick screenshot.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• vfowler

Hi PC,

I've attached a screenshot of General Settings of Appointments +.
    After carefully reading the labels beside each of the General Settings I believe the option doesn't exist to have a time base of 60 minutes together with an offset for Working Hours such that an appointment from 8:30 to 9:30 is possible as a single appointment (not 2 x 30 minute appointments).

I don't see how sharing FTP details or super admin credentials is helpful or necessary.

In addition to the time base setting, a working hours offset is required to achieve this. Otherwise all appointments must begin and finish on the hour - not how our business model works.

Please confirm you understand what we need to achieve and whether an offset can be implemented somehow. As far as I can tell it is a feature currently missing from the plugin.

Cheers,
    Vernon

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting back.

Thanks for the downvote. It will help me improve my responses in future.

Let me test it on my lab site and see if I can get this working. I'll post soon.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• vfowler

Hi PC.

Hopefully there is an easy solution. So far I just can't see how to configure the available settings to our business operating hours.

I look forward to what you discover.

Cheers,
    Vernon

PS Sorry for the down-vote but asking for FTP and super admin credentials... No hard feelings. I love working with you guys and the support you all provide is awesome. Keep up the great work.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Vernon,

Thanks for posting back.

No issues at all with the downvote. We generally ask for login details so that we can check the issue live however whenever our members don't want to share them, its fine and we never force them for it.

Thanks a lot for your nice words :slight_smile: Its much appreciated and is really motivating for us :slight_smile:

Coming to the issue, you just need to set Admin side time base to 30 minutes and it will allow you to choose the time starting from half past hour.

Can you kindly try that please ?

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• vfowler

Hi PC,

I set the time base to 30 minutes and this does not offset the appointment time slots to half past the hour. As you can see in the attached screenshot of the Make an appointment page, the duration of time slots is correct at 60 minutes, but the start and end times are not half past the hour. What am I missing?

Cheers,
    Vernon

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @PC - Hope you don't mind me chiming in.

I suspect the reason the 30mins are not showing up is due to the change of the time base rules as per the following post.

There is a temporary fix until the next release as per the post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/having-difficulty-setting-up-appointments#post-476747

However even with the fix it would mean that setting the time base to 30mins and the services being 60mins it will mean users can book appointments on the half hour and hour and I'm not sure this is what @vfowler requires as if I've understood correctly he only wants appointments to be booked on the half hour.

There was some bespoke code posted by the previous developer to set appointments on the half hour but I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work.
    Not sure if @Vladislav could look at this.

The bespoke code is in the following post, however the 3600 would have to be changed to 1800 and this code may only be suitable for a single service: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/different-time-base-for-each-service-on-appointments-wpmudev-plugin

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for chiming in Steve.

I have also sent a note to our lead developer Vlad on this one for his feedback.

@vfowler

I set the time base to 30 minutes and this does not offset the appointment time slots to half past the hour

Ideally it should appear the same way on the frontend as well. Can you kindly try as Steve suggested above. In the mean time our lead developer should be here soon.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• vfowler

Hi all.

My apologies. I did kick off both threads.

That being said, I'm still no closer to the solution and still believe the plugin is missing an offset setting for those who operate at different starting times rather than starting appointments on the hour.

Thanks for the support and I look forward to a solution here...

Cheers,
    Vernon

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to offset the entire schedules in a way you described. Although you can set the "Admin side time base" setting to 30 minutes, which will give you the flexibility to make your work hours start and half past full hour, the rendered schedules will start at full hour and the time slots will respect the lower time. However, I do see how it's a valuable feature to have for this kind of plugin, and it'll make its way in in a future release.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.