Can we enable comments on a courspress page?

Hi guys,

Is there a way to enable the standard WP comment feature on a Courepress page? We want to enable students to interact on the page itself during a live stream but can't see a way to do this.

We don't really want to have a live chat as we want the conversation moderated. Is it possible to do this with a BBpress forum?

I've also seen this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/comment-form-shortcode/ to insert comments as shortcode but can't seem to get it working on a courspress page.

Many thanks and keep up the great work!

Adam

Vaughan

Hi Adam,

Hope you're well?

Have you enabled the discussions for the course? this would allow your users to post questions or comments.

Or are you wanting to just use normal comments for the single course page?

If you could elaborate on this a bit further, it would most likely require editing the templates though, but i'm not exactly sure of where you are wanting comments to be displayed.

Thanks

Corey Quick

Hey @Adam Wallis , I hope you are having a great day!

I have attached a .zip file that holds four files that you can upload to your Coursepress theme's root folder(these files will add comments to the single course page and the course archive). Don't add my single-course.php if you don't want comments on each individual course page and vice versa for archive-course.php. If it asks to overwrite files having the same name when you go to upload, go ahead and overwrite them.

If you would rather make this adjustment manually, you can following the appending steps:
    1. Upload the attached course-comments.php to your themes root folder.
    2. Add the following code just before the while loop in the single-course.php if you would like comments on your single course pages, and if you would like comments on the course archive page, add the code to your archive-course.php:

<?php
                $file = '/course-comments.php';
                if( file_exists( TEMPLATEPATH . $file ) ){
                        require( TEMPLATEPATH . $file );
                }
                ?>

3. Add the following code to your functions.php:

add_post_type_support('course','comments');

global $wpdb;
    $wpdb->update( $wpdb->posts, array( 'comment_status' => 'open'),  array('post_type' => 'course'), array( '%s'),array('%s') );

-Let me know if this solves your problem in it's entirety!

Thanks,
    Corey Quick

antKat

Hi Corey Quick,
    I am also trying to add comments to the CoursePress Pro pages. I uploaded the template files you provided and since I have a child them with a custom functions.php file, I copied the lines that appeared to be related to CoursePress from the functions.php file that you provided. Unfortunately, I got an error. Perhaps I missed some of the code. I would greatly appreciate a little help on this.
    Thanks.