can we modify BuddyPress Activity Plus plugin. The interface violates so many established UI standar

We badly need this plugin, but the user experience is absolutely horrible. The UI violates so many established standards. The developer should be embarrassed. Can we have the source code and fix this or talk directly to developer to explain why it is so bad?

• Vaughan

hiya

thanks for the post.

you can certainly discuss this with the developer, I will flag him for you. it could take a little longer for a response though.

with regards to the source code, you already have the source code. if you have the plugin, then you have the source code. it's PHP & it's GPL code, so you are free to do with it as you wish, but remember any changes you make will be lost when it's next updated.

But if you wish to submit your changes to the developers, I'm sure they'll look into them & discuss with you.

hope this helps.

thanks.

• Vladislav

Hello,

As @Vaughan already said, the plugin is GPL so you're free to modify it as you see fit (I have seen a few forks out there already), and I'll give it my best shot in helping you with the process. However, perhaps we can do one better if your main problem is just with the UI appearance, not the actual functionality. The plugin comes with an easy way to override the stylesheets it loads - you can just say that your theme already supports "bpfb_interface_style" and "bpfb_toolbar_icons" (using the add_theme_support call, http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_theme_support) and it won't load the stylesheets on its own, so you're free to style it the way you want it to appear. This way, you won't have to change any of the actual plugin code and just work with the stylesheet.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.