Can we play videos uploaded to posts with Reader?

Would be great if you could play videos uploaded or embedded in posts when viewing the whole post within Reader.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey WAB,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for getting back to me on this!

I am marking this as a feature request as I get the same behavior. In the meantime, embedding them via YouTube or Vimeo should be a good alternative :slight_smile: it's also easier on your own server to do it this way.

Thanks for the feedback WAB! Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns here.

All the best,
    Tyler

• WAB
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks. We are in China so don't use YouTube or Vimeo. We've our own media server that we use but currently students directly upload short vids to their blogs with their iPads.

Looking into getting a plugin for our new media server by Vimp that will auto embed for us.

Thanks anyway.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey WAB,

Thanks for stopping by the chat earlier :slight_smile:

You know what, I apologize for my ignorance there. I never thought about the possibility of you being in China where sites can be restricted.

I will make sure the developer sees this so they can put it into consideration for future updates. Keep in mind they can always click the "View Original" to see the video in the mean time.

Hope this helps WAB. Have a great rest of your day.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.