Can We Redirect The Appointment Confirmation to a New Page To Collect Further Details

Hi,

Can I redirect the Appointment+ confirmation message, to send people to a new page?

I have this:

Sales Page > Calendar / Booking Page > Confirmation Dialog Box

What I'd love:

Sales Page > Calendar / Booking Page > Thank You Page

Any tips on how we can make this happen?

- Fiona

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Fiona, I hope you're well today!

I'm afraid this is not currently possible out of the box...
    I looked at the plugin code to see if we could do it with minimal coding but couldn't find a solution for you.
    However, I have submitted a feature request for this and notified the plugin developer about it.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Fiona
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Is there any chance of getting a quick update as to when this may be added to the plugin?

Or if there is a way to edit the confirmation box text to tell people to check their email, for the next step? (Until the above feature is added)

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Actually, you can get the plugin to redirect your users to the new page by adding a bit of code like this to your functions.php:

function app_redirect ($script) {
    	$page_id = 1312;
    	$url = !empty($page_id)
    		? "'" . get_permalink($page_id) . "'"
    		: 'app_location()'
    	;
    	return str_replace("window.location.href=app_location()", "window.location.href={$url}", $script);
    }
    add_filter('app_footer_scripts', 'app_redirect');

Just a little note, the code above assumes you have a page/post that has the ID 1312. On your site you may or may not have such a page/post and even if you do, it's likely not the one you'd want to redirect to - so you'll want to edit that part to make sure it makes sense in your scenario.

• Fiona
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Fabulous. I tweaked the page ID and things worked smoothly.

Thanks you so very much for digging into this for me.

I trust many other users will also get to take advantage of this piece of code.

(Is there any way to tweak the confirmation dialog box text?)

• Vladislav
      • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

That's excellent news, I'm really happy we managed to get it to behave the way you needed it to. As for the confirmation dialog box text, you may want to make use of the "confirm_text" attribute for the [app_confirmation] shortcode. For an example, this might look a bit like this:

[app_confirmation confirm_text="We are looking forward to seeing you then!"]

There is also the "warning_text" argument that works similarly, but for warnings when an user failed to fill in a required field. All shortcodes come with a number of arguments such as these that can help in customizing, they're all listed in the "Shortcodes" help page.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.