can you advise on the next step with these reports?

After recent forum help I was able to run the s3 plugin without crashing/conflicting!

these are my results. my score was 17 on server response!

what should my next steps be?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Malc,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Seeing that the access had been granted, I took a liberty of accessing your site and reviewing its settings. I can see the score of 17 for server response and actually there are already some recommendations that are essential steps that should be performed first. Let me explain that in details then

1. Caching

Sites powered by WordPress are dynamic sites as in "they are created dynamically on the server". This means that the typical scenario goes like this:

user attempts to visit a site -> browser sends request to a server -> server routes it to a proper script, in this case your WordPress -> WordPress generates requested site "on the fly" -> server sends the site back to the browser -> browser renders the site

This takes time and can be speed up by implementing cache. After you install and configure WP Super Cache plugin the above scenario will be changed an will go (that's a generalization but shows the idea) like this:

user attempts to visit a site -> browser send request to server -> Server triggers WordPress -> instead of generating the site WordPress sends "ready to use" file from cache stored on server disk -> browser renders the page

This means that the server is less loaded and performs faster. I can see however that the WP Super Cache is already installed on your site, so this step is completed.

2. Plugin's clean up

Reviewing installed plugin can result in a significant boost sometimes. I'd suggest first removing all unused plugins (though that's not very important) and then disabling and removing all those plugins that are no necessary (e.g. those that you installed just to test and forgot to disable).

Then try to find "simpler" versions of complex plugins of which you're using just single features and also get rid of plugins that "duplicate themselves". For example, there are two plugins for Google Analytics there, two backup solutions, a lot of Events related stuff... I'd suggest reviewing those and I'm fairly confident you'll be able to limit the number of them.

I also see that there's a Jetpack plugin installed and a lot of its modules is active. My advice here would be to disable all the modules that you're not using.

3. I can see that your server is running PHP 5.4.43.

On some servers you're able to switch PHP version yourself via cPanel/Direct Admin settings. If this is possible, try switching it to at least 5.5 or better yet 7.x version. If you are not able to do this yourself, please ask your host for help.

4. Ask you host if they could enable OPCache on your server.

This is cache on server level that works quite different to what I described in point 1. It also affects server response time.

5. Raise available WordPress memory by adding following line to your site's "wp-config.php" file:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M');

This line should be added above the "/*That's all, stop editing... " line.

All together it should improve the "Server response time" score and speed up your site.

Best regards,
    Adam