Can you change the domain AFTER a site's been created? where?

Title says it all. Where can you change the domain of a site after it’s been created? if you can

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Are we talking about the main site and it’s domain?

If so then the short answer is no, not without some extra work.

If you wanted to then you’d need to alter your wp-config.php file and go through the database finding and replacing the old URL to the new URL. It’s not overly complicated but it can be troublesome if something is inadvertently missed.

You posted in the Multi Domains category, was the question about changing sites from one domain to another there?

If so then the same applies as above.

Take care.

• thirdriver
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

No… The question is about the Multi-Domains plugin. The plugin states that you pick a domain for the site you’re creating in the network AS you add the site. I was wondering if you could change the domain of that site later.

I’ve got “site.com” and I add “new.site.com” but in with the plugin, I add “new.web.com” can I change “new.web.com” to another domain I have registered in the plugin later?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

I was wondering if you could change the domain of that site later.

You posted in the Multi Domains category, was the question about changing sites from one domain to another there?

If so then the same applies as above.

The same does apply here. You can’t later swap the domains. But you could use Domain Mapping to map a new domain over it:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

So in that sense you could like you would on your normal multisite.

Hope that makes sense?

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.