Can You Charge for Event Listings Using Front Page Editing

I have people listing events so set up Front Page Editing.

BUT I don't seem to be able to set charges for this?

Is the software set up to allow charging for event listings?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Also is there a way to link this to Market Press so they list the event and pay for it.

I want to charge $220 per month or part thereof for an event listing.

Thanks.

• Rahul Verma

Hello,

I hope you are well today and Thanks for posting on the forums.

s the software set up to allow charging for event listings?

This is achievable with help of Membership and Events+ plugin. Please activate "Membership Integration" add-ons from Events > Settings.

is there a way to link this to Market Press so they list the event and pay for it.

Yes, You can get payment via Market Press with help of "Payments via MarketPress Products" add-ons which you can activate from Events > Settings.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Best Regards
    Sandeep Kumar

• Karen

Sandeep

Thank you but...

s the software set up to allow charging for event listings?

This is achievable with help of Membership and Events+ plugin. Please activate "Membership Integration" add-ons from Events > Settings.

is there a way to link this to Market Press so they list the event and pay for it.

Yes, You can get payment via Market Press with help of "Payments via MarketPress Products" add-ons which you can activate from Events > Settings.

These are already in place.

How to make it operational and work is not clear.

Questions

1. I have a listed Product (List an Event) - but once they pay for it, how do they get access to the Event listing site? (that is not clear) -I don't want to have to manually give them a password to a page for them to list an event (which is how it is set up now).

(I had to create an area on https://www.publicaffairsjobs.com.au/learning-centre/ for [eab_event_editor] - for a client to list their event - but then anyone can just list an event and get around the payment system so I will have to remove that once I get this client's event up.)

2. How do you restrict them to listing only one event once they have access to a page with [eab_event_editor]?

3. What role is Membership playing in this event payment process? That is not clear as they are NOT signing up for any membership, they are JUST paying for and listing an event.

4. Can you clearly explain just HOW the process is supposed to work from the event lister's perspective please?

Thank you.

• PC

Hello there Karen,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

What you are looking for is not possible with Membership plugin as it can restrict who has access to what area but it can not restrict who can post how many events or blog posts or pages i.e. any custom post type.

You can however use Pro Sites : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/ as it will your best bet.

It will allow you to charge a user for setting up a subsite on your network where you can charge them any amount you want and then you can restrict how many posts one can make on a certain Pro Site level.

So for example you can say that Level 1 users can post 10 events and Level 2 users can post unlimited.

That is the best way it can be achieved.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Karen

PC

I am a bit confused...

It will allow you to charge a user for setting up a subsite on your network where you can charge them any amount you want and then you can restrict how many posts one can make on a certain Pro Site level.

Is this allowing events on the same site? or it is creating a subsite? I only want the one site, the one training calendar. The events must go into the ONE calendar, not on a different area/subsite.

Thanks if you can clarify.

• Ash

Hi @Karen

This will create a subsite.

In fact, our event+ plugin is not designed in the way that you are looking for. With this plugin, you can charge your users to join in your event. So, only you are the events owner.

But if you use pro sites, in that case you users will be able to create subsite and same events plugin in their site. And you can charge them using pro sites.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
      Ash

• Karen

Ash

Thanks for that.

1. I am using the Events+ as intended for my own events.
    2. I also want the ability for my site to become a One-Stop-Shop where anyone can list an event. (Obviously that is not what it is designed to do.)

So when you link Events with MarketPress what is that meant to do?

Are they buying a place on a course (which they should be doing from within the event) - or something else? It isn't clear.

Thanks if you can clarify about the last point.

Karen