Ad Sharing: can you disable ads on certain blgos?

the situation is this:

I have given up on monetizing a certain blogging network, removed supporter/pro sites and stopped registrations. existing bloggers can continue to use the service.

now one of my bloggers would like to have an adsense plugin.

my options are "who sees ads" and "ad sharing". WSA doesn't seem to allow the user to set up his own adsense code or am I wrong?

Ad sharing: looks right, but I would be starting to advertise on all blogs if I inserted my ad code, right?
Any way to only display ads on certain blogs, or just one?
Or could I simply leave my ad fields empty, thus only the blogger who inserts his adsense code will be showing ads, would that work?

Or maybe I should go with a standalone adsense plugin since the priority isn't about sharing ads but giving this one blogger access to adsense. Any plugin comes recommended?

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Ovidiu

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team

Let me tackle your questions one by one:

my options are "who sees ads" and "ad sharing". WSA doesn't seem to allow the user to set up his own adsense code or am I wrong?

As mentioned in my previous post to you on this thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/safe-to-use, based on your requirements you can set the 'Who Sees Ads' from the Super Admin to only allow the Administrator to insert ad codes or to allow your blog users.

Ad sharing: looks right, but I would be starting to advertise on all blogs if I inserted my ad code, right?

Regarding Ad Sharing:
    You can decide on your Ad location(s).

Or could I simply leave my ad fields empty, thus only the blogger who inserts his adsense code will be showing ads, would that work?

You won't be able to leave it completely empty. With the Ad Sharing Plugin you choose the percentage, for example, a Site 25 % / Blog 75 % means that site ads are shown on every other page of the blog with the remainder controlled by the ad code inserted by your user in Settings > Advertising of their blog's dashboard.

If your user doesn't set up their own advertising then the site ads will be displayed on all pages and you'll get 100 % of the revenue.

Or maybe I should go with a standalone adsense plugin since the priority isn't about sharing ads but giving this one blogger access to adsense. Any plugin comes recommended?

The Simple Ads Plugin is also compatible with WordPress Multisites. You can read more about it here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/simple-ads

I hope this information is helpful and that it will help you choose the best Ad solution for your Multisite requirements. I will resolve this thread, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

And if you require any further assistance with any other topic/ plugin, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

Gina :: Multiplicity
    Trying out as WPMU DEV Support Staff - Let me know how I go

• Ovidiu

sorry but this didn't help:

As mentioned in my previous post to you on this thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/safe-to-use, based on your requirements you can set the 'Who Sees Ads' from the Super Admin to only allow the Administrator to insert ad codes or to allow your blog users.

can't find any options as to who is allowed to insert ad codes

Regarding Ad Sharing:
    You can decide on your Ad location(s).

yes I can decide upon the add locations but only upon the location on each blog, no way to select the blogs to display the ads on as I asked

You won't be able to leave it completely empty. With the Ad Sharing Plugin you choose the percentage, for example, a Site 25 % / Blog 75 % means that site ads are shown on every other page of the blog with the remainder controlled by the ad code inserted by your user in Settings > Advertising of their blog's dashboard.

I managed to save the options without inserting my add code. does this now mean if a user doesn't insert his own add code no ads will show up? If yes, this is exactly what I was looking for but not sure if it really will work this way.

• Kimberly

Ovidiu,

I was poking around the plugin Installation Instructions...

If your user doesn't set up their own advertising then the site ads will be display on all pages and you'll get 100 % of the revenue.

From my understanding: If you put in an AdSense code in SuperAdmin, then it will display on every site in your network.

But your users have to put in their own AdSense codes to display on their site, or yours will show by default.

So, by the above it stands to reason that if you leave SuperAdmin settings blank then each user should be able to set their own without affecting other blogs.

Edit: Just confirmed this is possible by older post from Staff member :slight_smile:

Yay!

Hope this helps!

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.