Can you enable Pro Sites blogs just for subfolder such as example.com/blogs?

I have a multisite installation called 'thetap.net'. However, I have multiple subdirectories like "thetap.net/sports" and "thetap.net/gaming" for my own writing. I want to offer blogs with Pro Sites, and I was wondering if they would interfere with these subdirectories on the main domain, or if I could just have them all be under thetap.net/blogs/example?

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tyler,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Pro Sites plugin can only work "network enabled" and on main site of your network so you can put it on any sub-folder site (unless that site is a separate Multisite install "of its own").

However, you can exclude certain sub-site names from being available for registration. You can do this on "Network Admin -> Settings" page in "Banned Names" section. Any words that you put there (separated by spaces) will be prohibited and nobody would be able to register such site.

For example, if you wish to preserve "thetap.net/sports" and "thetap.net/gaming" for your own use:

- if they already exist, that's fine, nobody will be able to create such sites anyway and nobody except you and users "appointed" by you (whom you assign proper user role) will be able to edit/manage them

- if they don't exist yet, you can simply put "sports gaming" into aforementioned option and WordPress will not let users register/create these sites.

I hope that helps. If I misunderstood you or you have any additional question, just let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam