Can you enter width/height on an element?

I was wondering if it is possible to enter the height or width for an element in pixels, rather than dragging and dropping to resize it? I've noticed the two grey boxes display that tell you the current height/width but I'd rather enter exact values rather than dragging back and forth to try to get it just right.

Thanks

Adam Czajczyk

Hello WPMonkey,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Currently this is not possible and you may adjust element's width and height by dragging its edges. You may however use custom CSS instead. To do this, please follow this steps:

- select element to edit
    - click on "Settings" button (gray "gear" icon over the top edge)
    - Select "Appearance" tab in Upfront panel on the left
    - use "Choose or create preset" box to create a new preset; this preset will initially inherit default/current settings;
    - then click on "Edit Preset CSS"

In an editor that pops out at the bottom of the screen you may select from available element selectors (e.g. "Text container" and then add CSS rules specifying width and height. Take a look at the screenshot below please:

Best regards,
    Adam

WPMonkey

I have to create a preset any time I want to enter a number for the width rather than dragging back and forth?

The reason I ask this question is that I have three columns of elements with separators in between (like in your screenshot, or in the Scribe demo home page), but it is incredibly frustrating to get them to all be the same width. I've spend the better part of the day moving arrows back and forth only to find that making one wider bumps another. What would be the best way to distribute them evenly?

And if I create a preset just for the purpose, is it better to use percentages than pixels? And what happens to them responsive-wise if I put in a pixel width?

Adam Czajczyk

Hello WPMonkey!

I have to create a preset any time I want to enter a number for the width rather than dragging back and forth?

You don't have to do this. Presets are re-usable so if you create a preset for e.g. "Text" element you then will be able to simply select it from the same drop-down list while editing other "Text" elements. You do this once than and for all elements that should pick up the same settings you just "re-use" the preset.

What would be the best way to distribute them evenly?

I'd say that "preset + css" way would be the most reliable in this case

And if I create a preset just for the purpose, is it better to use percentages than pixels? And what happens to them responsive-wise if I put in a pixel width?

I used pixels in my example just for simplicity purpose. For responsive layout percents or "em" would indeed be much better and as it's a regular CSS you may use every CSS-compliant units there.

Best regards,
    Adam

WPMonkey

I tried this, but it does not seem to be taking effect. I created a preset and added width:310px as a text. Then I applied that preset to three text elements in each of the three columns. They still display as being different widths.

I noticed in your screenshot that the CSS class you used is .upfront_cta while the only CSS classes available to me when I edit a preset's CSS are general, such as .plain-text-container. This be the issue? Can you take a look at my home page?

Milan

Hello WPMonkey

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us.

If I am not wrong then you are trying to adjust width of these 3 elements, right ?

If this is your concern then I think you do not need to do anything special here. When you drag element next to each other Upfront automatically adjust and set according to equal width. So if its 2 elements Upfront will assign 50-50% width to both of them. Moreover when viewing these 3 element from browser, I am not able to notice any width issue.

Or there is some other element set which is causing issue ? If so then could you be able to attach screenshot of it. ?

Please advise,
    Cheers,
    Milan