Can you export member details to excel or csv file

Hi
My client would like to create a membership that offers protected content on the website but also a regular printed newsletter that is posted to them.

So my question is, is it possible to export a spreadsheet of all members' details given on sign-up - eg, name, address, telephone - to an excel file or similar?

many thanks
Mariette

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @Mariette

Hope you are doing great !!

Membership exports this (and other information) as a .json file, using the exporter in:

Protect Content -> Settings -> Import Tool -> Export Data

You can use a tool like this to convert that .json file into a .csv:

https://json-csv.com/

See my screenshot on where to find it, also you may need to remove any extra columns from this file

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Jude

• Mariette
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Jude

I have given it a quick try on another website using Protected Content and BuddyPress with extended profile details filled in on sign-up and although it works it only seems to export the basic username, email and subscription date. Not full name, address, etc, which would be what they require. Perhaps this is because the extended info is added through the BuddyPress interface rather than Protected Content/Membership? Do you know if there is a way of asking for extra info on signup through Protected Content and then including this info in the export?

Sorry if I'm not making sense...

thanks
    Mariette

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.