Can you have multiple plugins enabled and working together?

Can I have Membership Pro, CoursePress Pro,, Q&A, Pay with a Like and other plugins all enabled and working together on the same site?

Are there any page limitations with Membership Pro? Can you have a hundred thousand or millions of posts/pages?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Frank,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your questions.

Can I have Membership Pro, CoursePress Pro,, Q&A, Pay with a Like and other plugins all enabled and working together on the same site?

Yes you can have and they will work together.

Are there any page limitations with Membership Pro? Can you have a hundred thousand or millions of posts/pages?

There isn't any page limitations with Membership Pro. You can have as many posts/pages as you want.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jude

Hi there @Frank ,

Is there any specific amount of hardware (Memory, Disk) you need to scale to 1 M posts on Membership Pro

This can be broken down into two simple parts. The space needed for a million posts of just text is not much 1 GB of hosting space can handle it. This is of course the images and any external resources the posts use. Next is the bandwidth, this is solely dependent on the number off concurrent users on the site. I would say anything between 40 - 100 Mbps of uplink speeds should be good here.

The best way to do this in terms of hosting is start as small as feasible, monitor traffic/usage/logs and based on that progressively upgrade.

Is there a way to import content from a non-wordpress site?

Yes. There always is a way to import content in, it depends on where you want to get the content from. The best case here being a popular platform and many ready to use one click tools available already and worst case being a few hundred dollars spent in getting a developer to write a script to do it for you

Are there any page limitations with Membership Pro

Also chipping in here on a previous question, don't use Protected Content with Membership Pro, they have similar functionality and are known to cause conflicts.

Hope that helps
    Cheers

Jude

• Frank

Thanks Jude. That seemed helpful. The only thing not addressed was the sizing of memory and CPU on a server. So let's say I move over 5 million posts from a non Wordpress site and I get the data converted (I know enough about development to write my own scripts if it comes down to that. Assuming I know the fields where to put it). What type of memory do I need for the database to handle that and have hundreds of concurrent users and fast page returns? To get the best performance would I need to cache all the pages are a large part of them in memory? Can you do that with Membership Pro - Wordpress? Then I assume I'd need enough memory for whatever the size of the content is and ~2GBs extra over that? Is there any large sites running Membership Pro?

Thanks for the advice on Membership Pro and Protected Content. I will make sure not to install Protected Content. The Membership Pro seems a better fit for what we are doing.

Also, for moving the data over (its in another database and mainly article content). Is there details on where the data would go in the wordpress/membership pro database?

• Jude

Hey Frank

Sorry the response took a while longer than expected. Appreciate your patience.

What type of memory do I need for the database to handle that and have hundreds of concurrent users and fast page returns?

Then I assume I'd need enough memory for whatever the size of the content is and ~2GBs extra over that? Is there any large sites running Membership Pro?

I would definitely discourage querying the database for this kind of usage. Have all your static content cached and served via a CDN.

That being said, I would recommend a High Power Dedicated server with 64GBMemory, 20 CoreProcessor 9TBTransfer to tame this beast. If this does not work then try Load Balancing on a bunch of bare metal boxes running in parallel

We have a plugin here, Multi-DB that powers our edublogs network (about 1.5 million blogs and atleast 10 times the number of pages).

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-db/

The whole setup scales beautifully with the plugin I shared.

Is there details on where the data would go in the wordpress/membership pro database?

These are the tables membership creates

add_global_table( 'm_membership_levels' );
    		add_global_table( 'm_membership_rules' );
    		add_global_table( 'm_membership_relationships' );
    		add_global_table( 'm_member_payments' );
    		add_global_table( 'm_subscriptions' );
    		add_global_table( 'm_subscriptions_levels' );
    		add_global_table( 'm_subscription_transaction' );
    		add_global_table( 'm_subscriptionmeta' );
    		add_global_table( 'm_urlgroups' );
    		add_global_table( 'm_communications' );

They contain all the data that membership will require, inspect using a tool like phpMyAdmin for a clearer picture on the columns

Hope this helps and sorry for the delay

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.