Can you help me figure out why a post image adjustment is not taking?

Hi,

I was trying to swap out an image in a post today. The image needed to be adjusted in order for it to appear in full so I selected "Fit" and "Center" and then clicked "OK". The image continuously returned to its former state. I was so unsuccessful in getting it to fit that I had to find another image and work with it.

I'm hoping you can help me so I don't go through this again. I've attached screen captures to confirm what I've shared above.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Kimberly

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Kimberly,

I investigate issue on your site and compared it with my site - and looks like on your site you are using old post element where those issues were present.
    I recall that you are using Upfront for very long time, so you did update from older to newer version - in new version there are new post elements that are working better and they give more flexibility when designing post.
    So at the moment you would need to get rid of old and not working post element on your post and replace it with new one.
    Of course take back up of your site first.
    1) Edit any post of your blog.
    2) Remove post element - red icon above title of the post
    3) In Draggable Elements switch to Data

4) Drag Post Data element in place where your old element was.
    5) Click settings of that element. You will see that you have lots of presets available - those presets can display only title, only content or date.
    Best part is that you can place multiple of Post Data element - choose different presets, add own presets - so order of the elements can be freely.
    6) You will see that there is also feature image element there, where in preset of that element you can set "Re-size to fit Container" so big images will always fit.

7) When you design your post look you can save it for all post types.

Let me know if this helps or you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi Kasia,

Thank you for all the great info! Where can I find it on the wpmudev website so I can use it as a reference going forward?

I followed your instructions. Thank you for the screen shots. Unfortunately, it appears that I'm unable to place the featured image where it had been in the original post i.e., below the title and date and above the content. (Please see attached document.)

I don't see anything in the data element's presets that allows me to reorder the date, title and featured image together in the same container. If I try to place the image below the title, the screen simply splits in half so the featured image is to the left and the date, title and contents is to the right.

Since I like the order of the original posts, I'd really like to know how to resolve this issue.

And I have a concern. When the developers work their magic and an update is released why aren't there any release notes so users are aware of the changes? Or are they, and I'm just missing something?

And, can the developers make it a bit easier for users in the future when they make an update like this? When I stumbled across the featured image enhancement I was delighted since it would make swapping out images much easier, I soon became incredibly disappointed when it didn't work as expected. After all the current post in Upfront indicates that adjustments can be made.

It's only through your instructions that I would know how to take advantage of the update on an existing Post, but it's very frustrating to find out that I need to delete the element entirely and then drag it back. If everything had stayed the same, no problem, but as I've shared it doesn't appear that the featured image can be placed in the position it originally held.

I look forward to hearing from you soon again. And appreciate your patience and understanding as I try to work through this.

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
    Kimberly

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Kimberly,

I don't see anything in the data element's presets that allows me to reorder the date, title and featured image together in the same container.

Are you trying to use separate post data elements? It would look like that:
    1. Post data element that shows only date and title.
    2. Feature image element.
    3. Post data element that shows only content.

ad 1 - for title and date you could actually even split those in two separate elements - so one element for date and one for tile.

I'm asking that because the screenshot you mentioned is missing from your message. If you can attach it again it will be more helpful to see why its not working.

And I have a concern. When the developers work their magic and an update is released why aren't there any release notes so users are aware of the changes?

There are notes about that - those are changelogs for Upfront - they can be found on that page https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/ under the "SEE THE STARTER THEMES" button there is changelog link

Those are not instructions, but developer notes about what was fixed or what was added.

Where can I find it on the wpmudev website so I can use it as a reference going forward?

You can find those info in our manuals https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/posts-and-pages/ - links to manuals are now on every theme page on usage page https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/issue/#product-usage

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi Kasia,

Thank you so much for your timely response and feedback. I really appreciate your patience in helping me understand more about where to find the information specific to updates and how the changes that are made by the developers to the theme and/or its plug-ins impact their use.

I'm so sorry that the attachment didn't come across. Let me try again.

You asked:
    Are you trying to use separate post data elements? It would look like that:
    1. Post data element that shows only date and title.
    2. Feature image element.
    3. Post data element that shows only content.

You're correct. I'm trying to set-up the posts so they all appear in the order as they do now - i.e., Title, Date, Image and Content. If I'm understanding you correctly, I should be able to do that. I'm still a bit unclear as to how. Can you help clarify that for me?

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Sincerely,
    Kimberly

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Kimberly ,

I'm sorry for the delay. By looking on your screenshot it looks like you used 1 Post Data element (where you are showing Title, Date and Content) where it should be two separate elements

Let me show that on movie - as you can see I'm starting with only comments element - there is no Post data element there.
    I'm adding three separate elements: Post, Feature and again Post.

Link to movie https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1-JVDnsMz8OSnE3SDAteXpmN1E/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if this helps

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.