Can you help me solve these problems?

I am currently setting up an Etsy-styled marketplace at liveprintlove.com and have a few questions:

1. Under Store Network Settings, do I need to Enable Global Shopping Cart? I have the Paypal chained payments set up with all other forms of payments disallowed.

2. Using the link on the front page, I have attempted to register a testing account several times. It appears to go well, but never sends an email. I have checked the Spam folder. Because it is a new site, I also checked for an email to be sent to me as an administrator. This email is also missing in action.

3. How do you charge for courses with CoursePress? When I click "This is a Paid Course" I get the following message:

The full version of MarketPress has been bundled with CoursePress Pro.
To start selling your course, you will need to activate MarketPress:
Begin Activating MarketPress

When I click the link to begin activating, it tells me that MarketPress is installed and active.

4. Because I am setting this up as an Etsy-styled marketplace, can I let other people offer courses through CoursePress as well? How do I go about setting up a percentage of the sales that go to me?

5. I have a theme that I want to use for Live Print Love, but I want to limit all of the shops to the Twenty 15 theme for now. How do I go about that?

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Kay,

Happy to help out here :slight_smile:

1. Under Store Network Settings, do I need to Enable Global Shopping Cart? I have the Paypal chained payments set up with all other forms of payments disallowed.

Global cart allows you to buy products from several shops on your network and checkout at once; however, this isn't compatible with the PayPal chained payments. So you will want to leave global shopping cart off.

2. Using the link on the front page, I have attempted to register a testing account several times. It appears to go well, but never sends an email. I have checked the Spam folder. Because it is a new site, I also checked for an email to be sent to me as an administrator. This email is also missing in action.

I'm not receiving the activation email either, this could be due to a plugin conflict or your email sending server. The easiest way to troubleshoot this is by deactivating all plugins temporarily then trying the sign up again. If the email sends, then we know one of the plugins is causing the issue and you can reactivate them in batches until the issue comes back to help narrow down which plugin it is.

If it's a server side issue then you can try sending via SMTP instead, there are some good plugins for setting this up: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

3. How do you charge for courses with CoursePress? When I click "This is a Paid Course" I get the following message:

The full version of MarketPress has been bundled with CoursePress Pro.
    To start selling your course, you will need to activate MarketPress:
    Begin Activating MarketPress

When I click the link to begin activating, it tells me that MarketPress is installed and active.

I've replicated this issue as well. Looks like there is a bug when MarketPress is network activated - CoursePress doesn't recognize it. Sorry about this! I'm flagging our developers so we can get this fixed up ASAP. Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

4. Because I am setting this up as an Etsy-styled marketplace, can I let other people offer courses through CoursePress as well? How do I go about setting up a percentage of the sales that go to me?

Yes, you can let others setup courses too by just allowing them to activate CoursePress Pro on their sites :slight_smile:

Since CoursePress uses MarketPress for it's checkout and you will have PayPal chained payments setup then you will get a percentage through that. Whichever percentage you setup with PayPal chained payments is what you would get from courses as well.

5. I have a theme that I want to use for Live Print Love, but I want to limit all of the shops to the Twenty 15 theme for now. How do I go about that?

Keep only the twentyfifteen theme network activated. You can activate your main site theme specifically for your main site. To do this, go to:

Network admin > Sites > All sites > "Edit" your main site > Click "Themes" tab > Then activate the desired theme for that site only. It will now show that theme in your main sites themes list, but will still be hidden in everyone elses. Make sure you network deactivate it.

Hope this helps! Look forward to hearing back and let me know if you have further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.