Can you help me to figure out why a simple image change is creating havoc?

Hi,
I've been working in Upfront using Chrome to change out an image in the Let's Talk section of the site. However, I'm experiencing some major difficulties. And, I need your help!

When I changed out the Let's Talk site image, it appeared to take... at least it looks that way in Upfront, but when I reviewed the updated page in another browser (Firefox and IE), I noticed that it no longer had the Let's Talk categories listed on the right hand side of the page, and the text over the image is no longer just Let's Talk, but "Let's Talk" and then underneath "About Stress Management".

While in Upfront on the Let's Talk page, I clicked on a category and took steps to update the image for that category's listing of posts. This appeared to take at least in Upfront; however, even after saving and repeating the process for each category the changes did not appear in either the Firefox or IE browsers. For example: The old image is still appearing on the following category pages:
- About Breastfeeding
- About Childbirth
- About Nutrition
- About Parenting Skills

When I return to the page I've saved Upfront has "hung up" and I can't navigate out of it other than to close down the site and restart.

I've attached images of what I'm seeing. I hope you can help! I've granted access to the site for you.

Thanks so much!
Kimberly

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kimberly Cohen,

I'm seeing the same image in both the editor and the frontend. Are you seeing the new image in the editor still?

Also make sure you clear the cache within WP Rocket whenever you make changes, or disable it until you are done making changes.

Let me know what image we should be seeing on one of the pages, for example the Exercise page. I see the same image on both sides.

I may also just be misunderstanding the issue, but any further details will be helpful then I can have another look :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi Tyler,
    Thank you for your quick response and suggestion. I accessed the WP Dashboard and immediately cleared the WP Rocket Cache. Then I revisited Upfront.

Unfortunately, I didn't find what you did. I've attached images of what I found inside Upfront and the Browser. I'm limiting the images to those dealing with the Childbirth category; however, this happened with Nutrition and Parenting Skills too. The good news is that I was able to finally work through it all and now all the Post's pages are displaying correctly on my laptop.

I think WP Rocket's cache feature really caused a lot of the issues. As you suggested, I've also been deactivating it while I make my updates, checking to see if they took and then reactivating it when I can confirm that all is well.

Unfortunately, the Let's Talk landing page URL name is showing up in the Upfront page listing as something quite bizarre i.e., Let& and so on. (Please see attached.) I've edited the field but it continues to show up like this. Can you help?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Kimberly

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kimberly,

No problem, thanks for the additional screenshots.

Unfortunately, I didn't find what you did. I've attached images of what I found inside Upfront and the Browser. I'm limiting the images to those dealing with the Childbirth category; however, this happened with Nutrition and Parenting Skills too. The good news is that I was able to finally work through it all and now all the Post's pages are displaying correctly on my laptop.

So it did end up being the cache? Just want to confirm there isn't any issues there still.

Unfortunately, the Let's Talk landing page URL name is showing up in the Upfront page listing as something quite bizarre i.e., Let& and so on. (Please see attached.) I've edited the field but it continues to show up like this. Can you help?

The unicode encoding for an apostrophe is this:

&# 039; (without the space)

This is why sometimes you see special characters like that replaced with random characters. There is a method to the madness :smiley:

Why that happened in this case I'm not exactly sure. I re-edited the title and it looks to be fine now.

If you still have further issues with that just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi Tyler,

Yes, to confirm...I do believe it was the WP Rocket plug-in cache that was causing the problem.

Also, thank you so much for fixing the name of the page Let's Talk as it appears in Upfront drop down list. I knew there were special characters for the apostrophe in the name of the page, but it hadn't been an issue before, and even though I attempted several times to correct it, the correction wouldn't take. It must be your magic touch!

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.