Can you only show wholesale pricing to logged in customers while displaying descriptions to anyone?

I am developing a wholesale site using the Simplemarket theme. I want to be able to show product descriptions to anyone, but only allow logged in users to see pricing and use the cart functionality. Is there a way to do this on one site, or do I need to use two sites using the privacy plugin for the second site? If I make the second site, is there a way to sync the product database in market press so we don't have to double enter product?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Will you be having retail prices show?

If so then it would be best to have two sites because MarketPress cannot currently support prices on a product per role.

You can't however sync the stock between the two sites unless you did some custom coding to achieve that.

If you wanted to hide the prices but show the rest you would also need to do some custom work there.

If this isn't something you can do then you would unfortunately need to look at hiring a developer as this is something out of the scope of the plugin.

I do see a lot of wholesale related questions in email, members wanting price options per role so you can have wholesale, retail and more if needed.

I'll most this over to the feature request forums, anyone else wanting this please add your support here.

Take care.

• argentis
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the reply. We will not be showing retail pricing on the site, we only do wholesale. I have already figured out how to hide the price on product pages by adding:

.mp_product_price {
    display:none;
    }

to the style sheet.
    Is it possible to hide the cart until the customer is logged in? This would work as a temporary solution.
    Thanks

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

With our Membership plugin you can restrict access to the cart page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

You don't need to charge a subscription to use it, you could just have free subscriptions (access)

Screen attached of pages you can protect with Membership plugin.

I suppose if you wish to use CSS you could hide the button as well and then encase the CSS within a function:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_user_logged_in

That way you don't need an extra plugin if it really is not needed and you can include it within your themes code. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.