Can you point sub-site to a non-root domain?

Using the multi-domain plugin, is there a way to point to yourdomain.com/trial vs just the root domain of yourdomain.com??

This would be HUGE!

Is there a way to allow the user of the subsite to create this inside Pro Sites or just using the multi-domain plugin?

Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello David , hope you’re doing well!

Have you tried a Domain Mapping plugin?

With the Domain mapping plugin, you can map your subsite to any domain like:

– domain.com

– sub.domain.com

The Multi-Domain plugin gives to users a choose to create a subsite with a different domain name that is pointing to your installation.

Would you please elaborate and clarify, do you wish to point a subsite’s URL yourdomain.com/trial to your root site yourdomain.com ?

Please advise,

Kind regards,

Nastia

• David
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I would like to post my subsite to the URL yourdomain.com/trial (basically it’s a trial landing page….)

So, the client would already have a site on yourdomain.com – we wouldn’t want to interfere with their main site.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello David,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry but I don’t think it is possible since you need to point the whole domain on a subsite. For this purpose, your domain must be pointed on the same server where your MultSites is. That means the other site will be unavailable.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.