Can you redirect a certain access level to a specific page

Hi
I created 3 subscriptions Platinum, Gold, Silver.
I created an access level for each subscriptions with Platinum access to 18 pages, Gold to 12 and Silver to 6.
I created a landing page for each level with a different link menu for each.
All is well at this point.
I created a user for testing and the plan was that if he was a silver member then when he logged in he would b directed to the silver page with the menu options for silver.
Then I thought " How do I redirect a user to the page specific for the level they are assigned to".
And I got stuck because when the user logs in they just go to the home page and the login widget disappears (which I presume is fine because they have logged in).
So to summary of what I wanted it to do:-
User of silver subscription assigned to silver level logs in and is redirected to page silver.
Thanks
Gary

• Tyler Postle

Hey Gary,

Hope you're doing well today! Thanks for the question.

The best way to do this is a combination of our login redirect plugin and the Membership level shortcodes.

So, you redirect them to a single page with the redirect plugin then on that single page you have content for each level being protected by their shortcodes.

ie.

[level-1]This is level 1 content :slight_smile:[/level-1]

[level-2]This is level 2 content :slight_smile:[/level-1]

another alternative I just thought if you want to display the same page but have different sidebar content is to use Custom Sidebars Pro and create widgets for each level then make them visible to only their respective level :slight_smile:

Hope one or a combination of those 2 options will work for you Gary!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Gary

Hi Tyler I hope you are fine too.
    I have decided to use option 2 and installed Custom Sidebars Pro and read the documentation.
    I created a generic page to display the relevant sidebar depending on the access level
    I created 2 sidebars Platinum and Gold.
    I set (for both) the sidebar location to be As Main Sidebar for selected post types - Page
    I set the visibility if Platinum for membership then show Platinum.
    Gold to see Gold
    Then I got lost - on the generic page what do I do. It doesn't let me replace the main sidebar with 2 sidebars. Only one being visible at a time.
    Can you explain in words suitable for a very confused person what to do please.
    Thanks
    Gary

• Gary

Hi Tyler I hope you are fine too.
    I have decided to use option 2 and installed Custom Sidebars Pro and read the documentation.
    I created a generic page to display the relevant sidebar depending on the access level
    I created 2 sidebars Platinum and Gold.
    I set (for both) the sidebar location to be As Main Sidebar for selected post types - Page
    I set the visibility if Platinum for membership then show Platinum.
    Gold to see Gold
    Then I got lost - on the generic page what do I do. It doesn't let me replace the main sidebar with 2 sidebars. Only one being visible at a time.
    Can you explain in words suitable for a very confused person what to do please.
    Thanks
    Gary

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Gary!

I think we may have collectively over-thought this. : )

Instead of using two sidebars as your main sidebar, let's try using one, then controlling each of the widgets within that sidebar individually.

I took two screenshots below, where I changed the visibility for my course widget to only show for members in the "Intermediate" membership level. Custom Sidebars will also let you control based on user role (admin, author, subscriber, etc.) status (logged in, logged out) and several other conditions.

If you have some widgets to show to some levels, and some widgets to show to other levels, and some widgets to show to everybody, this might be the easiest way to manage your main sidebar.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.