Can you refer me to a developer that could set up my pro site paypal IPN?

Can you please refer me to a developer that could help me set up the paypal IPN and redirect for the Pro Site plugin? Thanks in advance. Linda

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Linda

I hope you are well today and thanks for the question.

To enable Paypal IPN, you need to go to Pro Sites > Modules/Gateways, Then in "Choose a Gateway" section select "Paypal Express/Pro".

Now go to Pro Sites > Settings and scroll down to "Paypal Express/Pro" section (it will be available in settings page when you select it as a payment gateway. There you can setup with your paypal information. Also there are some instruction.

But, if you really want to take help from an expert, you can post a job in premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ . There experts can help you more.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
    Ash

• iempoweru
    • The Crimson Coder

Ok, I did step 1, and have done step 2 at paypal. I got my "credentials" and don't really see a signature. Although, just now, I saw a note that says I must have either a signature or credentials but not both and signatures are preferred. I will go back and do more research. I think I am done, but, I don't know what I am looking for.

I guess what I am confused about is this.

I am setting up a multisite, with 3 levels of access. But, I want the access levels to cover all sites in my network.. I also have the one paypal business account and don't want to open up a new paypal account for every site created on my network.

I keep running across this thread:

"If you need to run Pro Sites on multiple WP installs but with the same PayPal account, you will need to setup an IPN forwarding script. This is due to limitations in the PayPal APIs regarding subscriptions and only being able to set one IPN URL in PayPal settings.

Instructions for this can be found here."

Will I have to do this for every site that I want to have the access levels on - which would be all of them? And I am pretty smart and quick to learn, but, these directions might as well be in greek because I don't even know where to begin with them. That is why I asked for a developer.

Thanks for your help. Linda

• Dev4
    • Champion of Loops

Hi iempoweryou,
    (I love your nicname)

I am not the expert you are looking for ( bad star wars reference... lol) but i think you may not need one

The quoted direction refer to "multiple wp installs".
    You are using multisite on one install, so that should not apply here.

If i were you i would just test it out, see if what you have set up will do what you want by trying it.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there @iempoweru

don't really see a signature

To get a signature follow the steps:
    1. Login to paypal
    2. Go to Profile > My Settings Tools
    3. In "Selling online" panel, you will see "API access" (the 2nd last option) and click update on the right side.
    4. Then select option -2
    5. Request API Signature
    You should get your API username, password and signature. Screenshot attached.

If you are running multiple site through a multisite network, then one API should work with you.

Hope it helps. Feel free to ask further if you have more questions.

Cheers
    Ash

• iempoweru
    • The Crimson Coder

@Dev4 @Ashok - thanks! I kept reading that paragraph over and over again, thinking that just can't be.

@Ashok - I have an API on this account with another website. I have deleted it as I don't need it anymore. However, it keeps returning. So, I have paypal working on it to get that fixed. And then its on to my new API and Pro Sites.

Onward and upward and thank you for your help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.