Can you set/change plugin settings globally?

For various network-wide plugins, where are the settings stored?

Is there I way I can redirect the settings to be saved globally?

Example: Ultimate Branding
I want the settings to be saved globally, so a single change effects all sub networks.

Example: Pro-Sites
If I alter the prices, I want them to effect all sub-networks.

I wouldn't even mind if I had to set the varibles via wp-config.php

PLEASE HELP!

• aecnu

Greetings Jason,

Thank you for this great questions and a significant items to bring up.

Example: Ultimate Branding
    I want the settings to be saved globally, so a single change effects all sub networks.

This plugin is indeed a network activated plugin therefore I would expect that it would affect all sites.

Is this not already happening that when you make a change in Ultimate Branding that all sites are affected?

Example: Pro-Sites
    If I alter the prices, I want them to effect all sub-networks.

This is another network activated plugin, what are you referring to "affecting all sub networks" Are you running Multiple Networks on a single install? If so what plugin are you using for these networks?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Jason

Thank you for chiming in Joe.

Aaron has given me a little insight into where I should start, in this thread which is almost the same question.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/where-are-plugin-settings-saved

I think you misunderstood my question, the plugins are working exactly as designed. =D Hurray!

On each network, the plugins work independently, of OTHER networks.

A network, is a collection of sites.
    A MultiNetwork, is a collection of networks.

@Aaron told me I could filter the get_site_options depending on what network I'm in, using a wordpress filter. I think that's exactly what I'm going to do, and the pseudo-code logic will go something like this.

(If not in network #1 then filter Get_Site_Options(SiteID#1) )

That will tell the subnetworks <-

This way in Network #2,3,4,5 etc I can setup my prices, themes, levels, etc on the first Network, and then all the other Networks will have the same settings.

I'm positive this is easier said than done, however as each Network has it's own manager, I don't want them adjusting prices, etc without approval.

Some settings I may want per site, and that could be a problem...

• aecnu

Greetings Jason,

I think you misunderstood my question, the plugins are working exactly as designed. =D Hurray!

That is great news and thank you for saying so :slight_smile:

On each network, the plugins work independently, of OTHER networks.

A network, is a collection of sites.
    A MultiNetwork, is a collection of networks.

Aha! so you are indeed referring to a network of networks.

This way in Network #2,3,4,5 etc I can setup my prices, themes, levels, etc on the first Network, and then all the other Networks will have the same settings.

Possibly for clarification better expressed as This way in Network #2,3,4,5 etc I can setup my prices, themes, levels, etc on the first Network, and then all the other Networks will inherit the same settings.

Wow this whole thing is way beyond my capabilities and knowledge and the only thing I can do at this point is see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron

I'm not sure why you created a duplicate thread with the same question?

I'm positive this is easier said than done, however as each Network has it's own manager, I don't want them adjusting prices, etc without approval.

If you don't want to filter every option, then you'll need to put that in your logic to skip filtering specific options or keys in option arrays. Which ones those are and how to detect them depends completely on the plugin and how it stores it's options. Again This is all custom code you need to write from scratch, I think we've given as much help as we can to point you in the right direction.

Closing this dupe, i'm subscibed to the other thread if you need to ask anything else specific.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.