Can you split user registration from site creation

Not sure if this is possible without hacking. We have a main site with BuddyPress social features, and people can also register their own sites (multisite & Pro Sites & New Blog Templates).

At the moment the site Register link always has user registration plus site creation including all the New Blog Templates. It's too easy to enter some details incorrectly. Also puts people off as it's more complicated than necessary for users to register just for the BuddyPress site.

Is there a non-hacking way to have Register as only user registration, then the user can use the Create a site button to create a site when already logged in?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for posting.

you should be able to hide the pro-sites option by unticking the show options on sign up box in settings. (screenshot 1)

also in the new blog templates settings, scroll down to options. there you can also untick the box to hide them from the registration page. (screenshot 2)

hope this helps

thanks.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @xootom

I hope you are well today and sorry about the extreme delay here.

If you only want to allow logged in users to register a site, go to network admin > settings > network settings and choose the option that only logged in users can register sites, this will save a lot of confusion at sign up :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Techtomic
    • Techie

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your message! I have tried that but it then prevents users registering in the first place. These are the options I have:
    Registration is disabled. - neither sites nor users can be created
    User accounts may be registered. - sites can't be created
    Logged in users may register new sites. - users can't register
    Both sites and user accounts can be registered. - both, but long confusing user registration page.

Thanks!
    Tom.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.