Can you use CoursePress PRO with Wishlist Member or Membermouse?

I need a member experience beyond what CoursePress PRO offers. I have already purchased Wishlist Member (as well as Membermouse) to try out as they have the features I'm wanting.

I can't seem to find any information about whether these can be integrated with CoursePress PRO- like can I use the login process of WL or MM for CPP rather than the CPP login as I also have a protected page on my site that I want to have login info for and want people to not have to have a membership plugin login AND course login.

I also will be selling my courses so I'm not sure how that will all work with the membership plugin vs. CPP?

Also, I have two other tickets still unresolved:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-customize-coursepress-pro-for-my-sites-theme

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/where-is-the-color-branding-and-design-control-promised

Thank you.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Emily, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

I can't seem to find any information about whether these can be integrated with CoursePress PRO- like can I use the login process of WL or MM for CPP rather than the CPP login as I also have a protected page on my site that I want to have login info for and want people to not have to have a membership plugin login AND course login.

The membership login & the course login should actually be the same WordPress login credentials created upon registration, so that shouldn't be an issue here. :slight_smile:

I also will be selling my courses so I'm not sure how that will all work with the membership plugin vs. CPP?

Are you protecting these course pages using one of these membership plugins you mentioned?

While I haven't personally used either Member Mouse or Wishlist Member, I would imagine that as long as you're not protecting the course pages (assuming that they're able to protect custom post types), you shouldn't have any issues with selling courses.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Emily

I'm still debating between WL and MM and not quite sure how the protection mechanism will work.

Is there a way to set it by default that the WP "bar" at the top of the page be invisible for new users? I see how you can go into each user's profile and set that to be but I don't want it showing for anyone.

Also do I have to have the registration for my site turned on for people to be able to register? I turned it on briefly last night and two random people within the hour made accounts and I didn't even have a login anywhere visible so I have no idea how they did that or even found it?

• Ash

Hello @Emily

I hope you are well today.

Is there a way to set it by default that the WP "bar" at the top of the page be invisible for new users?

If none of your plugin forces the admin bar to be shown then the following code should hide the admin bar:

add_filter('show_admin_bar', '__return_false');

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Also do I have to have the registration for my site turned on for people to be able to register?

Yes!

I turned it on briefly last night and two random people within the hour made accounts and I didn't even have a login anywhere visible so I have no idea how they did that or even found it?

Those are spam registration then. Do you akismet plugin? Also you can try this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/stop-spammer-registrations-plugin/

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.