"CANCEL" Placeholder on E-mail for Appointment not working

Hi! I have tested the appointment plugin. The "cancel" placeholder when I use it for reminder e-mail message is not working. What should I do? Kindly provide me where I can forward the test e-mail and details of our site for you to check. Thanks.

• Jean
    • Flash Drive

I thought so too. Please let me know where I can send our site's details for you to check it out yourself. You can even make an appointment at https://dmd.com.ph/support/make-an-appointment/ and you'll receive the e-mail for you to see. Thanks in advance for your help. For the admin letter of reminder- the word "CANCEL" is written while for the customer, it's blank as seen below:

Dear Jean Galindez,

Greetings! DMD just wants to remind you of your appointment with us. If you want to re-schedule, kindly click the link below to cancel the original schedule you made with us and make a new appointment. Wait for a new confirmation from us. To totally cancel the appointment just click this link:

Here are the appointment details:

Requested Service: Single Focus CBCT Scan

Date & Time: 10/01/2013 1:00 pm

DMD Dental World Glorietta will assist you for this service.

Thank you for choosing DMD to provide your diagnostic needs. See you soon.

• Jean
    • Flash Drive

Hi, Ari! My e-mail template is handled by a plugin wp-email-template-pro. Sorry I don't know where I should get the template because in the plugin there's only a header and a footer php, the rest has to be set within the WP dashboard. So, I have no idea what to paste here. Maybe it is best if you can write here where I should send our site's login details for you to be able to see the exact file you need to fix. Is that okay?

I just want the CANCEL link to be placed on the general and uniformed message I've written down on the settings of your appointment plugin which is the message I've pasted on my previous post here. The link should be after the message "To totally cancel the appointment just click this link: CANCEL LINK PLACEMENT"

Thanks for the assist.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Ari - I hope you don't mind me chiming in

Hi @Jean

If I've understood correctly then there is only one cancel option in A+ and to send a cancel link to the client you add CANCEL in the 'Confirmation email Message' and/or 'Reminder email Message' fields.

Therefore can you try revising your email message to:-

To totally cancel the appointment just click this link: CANCEL

Regards
    SteveB

• Jean
    • Flash Drive

Hi, Steve! Your assistance is much appreciated. However, the CANCEL link is not showing in the reminder e-mail no matter how I word it. That's actually the problem but it does show on the confirmation e-mail. Thanks.

• aristath
    • Recruit

This might be an issue that occurs when Appointments+ is used in conjunction with the wp-email-template-pro plugin that you mentioned you're using....

Can you try disabling this plugin for a few minutes and check if the issue still occurs?
    Once we pinpoint what's to blame we can start resolving this...

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Jean
    • Flash Drive

Hi, Ari! I followed your instruction. But, unfortunately, since there's no existing template now, all it sent via e-mail is a link to the admin to login on the site to edit an appointment but none to the client. It is definitely not a solution. So, what's next?

• Jean
    • Flash Drive

Follow-up: Ari, just to remind you that the CANCEL link works with the confirmation e-mail, ok? It is not just working on the reminder e-mail. And, I can't deactivate that wp-email template pro altogether because all our plugins that will require an e-mail template will be affected. Thanks again.

• Jean
    • Flash Drive

Hi, Steve! I am attaching here the snapshot on what you asked. Is it possible either you or someone from WPMUDev can check within our WP so we can save time? Our site is soon to launch and it will be nice if we can resolve this quickly. I'm not a developer and the programmer who assisted us will be coming back a week from now from his vacation. Plus, he always recommends that we ask first the developer of the plugin because it becomes costly for us if he will fix it and more time will be needed for he has to analyze and study the plugin structure. We also experienced having difficulty if he changes or adds something on the plugin if the new version of the plugin comes in. If that is okay, where can I send the details? Thank you.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Jean

I've fully tested this using my demo site and it looks as though there may be a bug when adding the CANCEL attribute in the reminder email body/message

I've even checked in a previous version v1.2.8 and I get the same results.

I've checked the code in the appointment.php file and it looks as though the code is different for the confirmation email and the reminder email.

It looks as though it uses a function called add_cancel_link but seems to be coded differently between the confirmation and reminder email.

Hi @aristath - I would appreciate if you could test and if you confirm the same results could you please flag to the developer @Vladislav

Regards
    SteveB

• Jean
    • Flash Drive

@SteveB: So, what does it mean? There's an error in the code of the appointment.php in regards to calling the function of the cancel link? Can we just apply the code used in the confirmation email in regards to add_cancel_link to the reminder email? Sorry I'm not a developer, so, can you kindly let me know the lines involved on this at appointment.php, so, I can see? And, what will be the solution to this? Thanks for taking time to check and testing the situation.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Jean

I would not recommend changing any of the code in the plugin due to possible impacts and also it being overwritten with the next release.

I've flagged this to a member of staff @aristath in my last post requesting they test and if they confirm the same results they will flag to the developer.

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @aristath

Good news and many thanks for the quick response.

Is it possible you could ask @Vladislav if he could publish the latest identified bug list for v1.3.1 and progress on them either in a post or in the plugin history as I'm aware a few have been flagged and he has released a few BETA versions to resolve some of them

Regards
    SteveB

• Jean
    • Flash Drive

@Ari: Hope the solution to this problem will be given soon. Glad you're feeling better already. Please let me know as soon as this solution is done, I can only wait till Friday otherwise we will be forced to pay our developer when he gets back because we are launching our site soon. Thanks.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue. Indeed, the cancel link generation routine was being passed an invalid value instead of the proper appointment ID, which made it impossible for the cancel link to be generated properly. Just as you reported, this bug only affected the reminder emails. Anyway, the attached Beta release should have this issue solved. Can you please give it a go and see if it helps?

• Jean
    • Flash Drive

@Vladislav: Thank you for taking time and giving me a solution. I will test it and see what will be the result. I'll let you know later because I'm testing it on our live site. FYI, I also think I found another bug, on the wp-dashboard under pending appointments, when we change the status to confirmed, the confirmation e-mail isn't received by the client. Only when we re-send it that the e-mail is sent and received. Can you kindly check on that too or do I have to create a separate inquiry on this? Thanks again, I'll let you know if your fix works.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The CANCEL macro stands for appointment cancellation link, which is something done by the client. The admin should be able to edit the appointment and update its status instead. I hope this distinction helps. Anyway, the latest plugin release (v1.4, just released) also has the fix from this thread included.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.