Cancel the subscription, it doesn't seems to be working

When I try to cancel the subscription, it doesn't seems to be working as the unsubscribe button remains and its still showing me that you are in trial.

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello adam,

I hope you are doing great today. I am really sorry about the delay from our side, I have started looking into this and I am trying to replicate the same issue on my network but I am not sure about the steps that resulted in this.

In my setup I have created a sub site, logged in to the sub site as site administrator, I canceled the subscription and this is what I see:

Subscribed by PayPal:

Subscribed by Stripe:

It seems to work as expected for Stripe but not for PayPal, if I reload the Account page after cancelling it says the subscription is not cancelled. This seems to be related to PayPal incomplete payment. After subscribing via PayPal I get a message saying there are some pending changes in the account, I should receive an email. That email should be received once the Payment is finalized in PayPal, this also depends on the PayPal IPN which should be setup to make sure PayPal sends IPN calls to your website.

Would you please verify if you have PayPal IPN setup correctly by following this guide, once you have setup the IPN, please try to setup another site with valid email address so that you can see the payment confirmation, if the payment is confirmed then you should be able to cancel otherwise you will not be able to cancel as there will be no payment to be canceled.

Please do the IPN setup and some test then let us know the results so we can proceed with further troubleshooting if necessary. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Adam,

I am so sorry to hear that it is not working. I confirm that I have also seen this in my own setup and it seems to be related to PayPal gateway. I will have a look into the code and maybe it is a bug hiding somewhere. I will continue to investigate and check the code on my side.

I or one of my colleagues will reply here once we have found a solution or workaround for this. Please bear with us as we investigate this further, we will update you as soon as possible.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello again Adam,

Would you mind giving us access to your FTP so that we can check the error/debug logs and see if Pro Sites does not leave any clues there as to why this is happening. I will also check on my setup but please give us access to yours as well so we can have as much information as possible.

You can share FTP login details via our secure contact form. In the contact form choose "I have a different question" then in the subject line write: "Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela" and in the "Message" box include the following:

- FTP login details (host and port, username and password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Optional: WordPress super admin login details (login url, username and password)

We will continue digging from our side while we wait for you to send those in. We really appreciate your patience and feedback as we work to resolve this.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Adam,

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you so much for your patience with regards to this issue.

Would you please update to the latest version of Pro Sites and test if the issue persists or not. The latest version 3.5.6 addresses this issue and so if you update to the latest version, you should not experience this issue again.

Please let us know the results of your tests.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.