Cancellation Email not parsing %s in subject, Additional field also gone.

Hi,

The cancellation email shows %s in the subject line instead of a value. Also the additional field is named as "FIELD_ADDITIONAL" and not parsed.

I would not like to send out emails with errors like this.

Many thanks in advance and best regards!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Chibi,

I hope you're having a nice day!

I've just checked it on my own test setup but I wasn't able to replicate the issue. All the e-mails that I'm getting are properly formatted and all the variables are properly replaced.

That being said, I suppose that may be caused by either a theme or plugin conflict. Could you please run a full conflict test by following the steps below?

1. Revert to a default Twenty Fifteen theme and check for the issue
    2. Disable all plugins and then enable them one by one each time checking for an issue.

This should let you identify the main culprit, therefore helping me further investigate the issue. Most likely reason for this behavior is that something's altering the way the mail content is being processed (this may be e.g. native WP content filters overwritten by theme functions or some plugin) so knowing which part of your WordPress install is causing it would greatly speed up fixing it.

Let me know please how it went, please

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Chibi
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

since the message body was able to parse the %s, I do not think that it is a plugin problem.
    My problem is that both the subject line and the message body are using the same text block. One gets read and the other one does not.

Easiest fix would be removing the variable on both, which would also reduce the information flow. Sadly, it is not an option, since I get errors from the program, saying it does need a parameter.

Best regards,
    Chibi

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Chibi,

Thanks for the feedback!

I took a look at the screenshots that you've provided and I'm wondering if:

- does this apply to cancellation e-mail only (I'd just like to make sure)?
    - have you tried to switch your site's language to English for testing purposes?

The plugin needs this parameter and removing it from e-mail content is not an option without changing plugin's core files.

Let me know please about these questions above!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Chibi
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Adam,

Yes, it applies to the cancellation mail only and the language is english (the reply to text and the phone is in German).

Well, it has been parsed once, so something must have been right and transferred.

All the best,
    Chibi

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Chibi,

I hope you're well today and thanks for this info.

I apologize also for the delay on my side!

As for the issue itself. I got a feeling that I'm missing something obvious here. That said, would you please be so kind and let me take another look at your setup via our WPMU DEV dashboard plugin support access?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know please when you're ready!

Thanks
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.