Cancelling appointments?

Two things -

1) Is there a way for service providers to not accept an appointment, and if so, a confirmation be sent to the potential client?

2) Is it possible to manually generate an appointment? I'd love for an ability for clients to request an appointment that isn't "on schedule" or for service providers to set one up manually. Any insight as to a datatype that could be created and sent to help generate a one-off appointment request?

Thank you so much!

• finchman

More specifically - would someone be willing to tell me what this datatype means in the clickable calendar?

Each table cell has a hidden input with the following -

"<input type="hidden" class="appointments_take_appointment" value="0:1:3:1364129100:1364130000:62">"

Would anyone be willing to help me decipher the value of this? I feel like I could hack together something that would submit an individual request from anotehr form as long as I could translate the value into this data type.

• aecnu

Greetings finchman,

Thank you for the great questions.

2) Is it possible to manually generate an appointment? I'd love for an ability for clients to request an appointment that isn't "on schedule" or for service providers to set one up manually. Any insight as to a datatype that could be created and sent to help generate a one-off appointment request?

The answer is yes and from the admin dashboard go to Appointments --> Appointments --> Add New just to the Appointment word so to speak.

1) Is there a way for service providers to not accept an appointment, and if so, a confirmation be sent to the potential client?

Do you mean what happens if a service provider does not confirm the appointment is an email sent to the client?

"<input type="hidden" class="appointments_take_appointment" value="0:1:3:1364129100:1364130000:62">"

Would anyone be willing to help me decipher the value of this?

I have no idea, therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi,

If "Disable pending appointments after" setting is set and the service provider does not confirm a pending appointment in this set time, appointment will be automatically removed.

A confirmation email is not sent until appointment is confirmed. So in such a case client will not receive any email.

You can see its format in "pack" method around line 3735:

location ID : service ID : provider ID : App start timestamp : App end timestamp : Post ID

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan

I am not aecnu but can I repeat this:

If "Disable pending appointments after" setting is set and the service provider does not confirm a pending appointment in this set time, appointment will be automatically removed.

So just set:
    - Auto confirm "NO"
    - Set "Disable pending appointments after" setting as, e.g. 60 x 24
    - Unconfirmed appointments will be automatically removed after 24 hours.

Otherwise, cancellation of an appointment is not allowed neither by service provider nor by the client. Only admin or those allowed to access to admin pages can do this.

BTW, I don't understand if you used e-commerce systems before. Nobody else but only admin (who is responsible of financial matters) can do this in such systems. So why do you think that we should allow for your providers in this case?

but we can't give them all admin access without huge security risks.

We will not also take that risk in cancelling an already paid appointment. Do that in your PayPal account and refund them there. None of our plugins handle refunds.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.