canned comments like emote

on wordpress.org there is a plugin listed as emote. it allows you to create a predetermined list of "reactions" such as 'like, dislike, sad, anxious, excited, etc.' if you could create something like this that would allow users to feel a part of the site -- web 2.0 philosophy -- and yet not allow them to actually leave comments that are written (and thus satisfy school administrators worries) this would be amazing.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

That would be cool actually.

It could be taken a step further as an optional extra so that after X amount of likes a user could start to comment, could help battle comment spam.

I presume you mean to also list the user with which ever emote they choose so others can see?

• imgnco
    • Flash Drive

yes, definitely list the user and their reaction to the post. allow admin to define what the reactions to choose from are. the spam fighter thing is a good idea too! i think it would be good if you could toggle from three options: comments and emotes, emotes only, or emote a set number of times and then allow comments.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

i think it would be good if you could toggle from three options: comments and emotes, emotes only, or emote a set number of times and then allow comments.

That would be awesome!

The next thing though.... BuddyPress spam.... Not sure if you use BuddyPress but controlling spam signups and spam groups is a nightmare!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.