Cannot access site after Defender set up

Hi,

I was setting up a new site tonight and activated the Defender plugin. After setting it up, it logged me out and now I cannot access the site. I disabled the plugin via FTP, but that did not solve the problem. Please advise.

Thanks,

Dairrell

  • Dairrell
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    After some further testing, it appears it's another plugin that's causing the problem, not Defender. I had activated two plugins, Defender and Login Lockdown. When I disabled the Login Lockdown plugin via FTP, I was able to login.

    As a test, I downloaded and installed WP Limit Login Attempts and that plugin worked fine with Defender and one other security plugin I installed. So apparently, Login Lockdown does not work and play well with others.

    Thanks,

    Dairrell

  • Dairrell
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    More testing...

    Weird stuff. Out of curiosity, I did some more testing. It appears it's a Defender issue after all. When I was using the Hardener, I selected the option to disable execution of PHP. It apparently disabled the execution of a plugin I was using to redirect the login page. When I reverted that option in the Hardener, everything worked fine again.

    I even reinstalled Login Lockdown, and that worked fine as well. So it seems that Defender's PHP execution option caused the other plugin to not work properly. I've had that other plugin working fine on other sites for some time.

    To top things off, when I logged off of the site, then logged back into the Wordpress admin, the Defender plugin had completely disappeared. It was not in the admin area, and not on the server. I had not disabled it or removed it, so that's very odd.

    I think I may have to avoid the use of Defender on this install.

    Dairrell

  • Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

    @lilmetal1,

    If your plugin need to directly execute a PHP file, and you enable the Hardener Module Prevent PHP Execution. That combination might get conflict.

    For now, please remove the htaccess inside your wp-content/ folder (Perhaps change the name .htaccess to .htaccess_bak will be better). That should make your site function as normal

    Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.