Cannot Allow Visitors to See Home Page

I cannot get it to work in the beta version. I have given permission for Visitors to access the home page, and re-direct them there when they try to access protected content. Instead, when I try to access home page as a visitor, I am denied because of too many re-directs, http://txpk.org.

Any chance I can email support staff access to the admin page to look at my membership settings?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi txpk,

Can you confirm whether or not you get this redirect issue if the non-member redirect page is set to something other than the home page?

If not, that would suggest that it is in fact an issue with rules conflicting with each other. When I say rules, I'm not talking about levels - I'm talking about in which order the plugin checks for members.

Phil

• buddha
    • Syntax Hero

Sorry about complaining in my subsequent post. I missed your reply because it showed up under your name and not mine. I will follow up with a note in that post and close it.

It is a rules issue. How do I check to see which order the plugin checks for members?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Can you confirm whether or not you get this redirect issue if the non-member redirect page is set to something other than the home page?

I'm really struggling to help you and find the cause unless you try this and let me know what happens.

At the moment I don't know where the issue lies - whether in your setup, or a bug in the plugin.

Phil

• buddha
    • Syntax Hero

No issues anymore where the page does not open because of too many re-directs. Current problem is that regardless of which page I choose for a visitor to be sent to when they try to access protected content, the re-direct is always to the "protected content page."

• buddha
    • Syntax Hero

Still wasting time on this....a visitor cannot access the home page and the register page from the main menu. Everything else works fine. When a visitor clicks on home or register, they are re-directed to the protected-content page, even though they are given permission to both pages in the Edit Levels section of the Membership Admin.

On the Gov/Account page, one gets a 404! page does not exist, yet they are correctly re-directed on Gov/Pay to Protected Content. Both pages are not checked in the Edit Level Page Rules.

• hucknallite
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have a very similar issue. This thread.

I only want visitors to access the homepage of the site but there is no way of naming the homepage. There are no posts or pages on it (it is edu-knows theme). I can only get visitors access rights by naming them specifically in the 'edit options' area. So they can access just the 'no access page', 'registration page' and the 'account page' but nowhere else regardless of any rules I set.

I have posted screenshots as I am now at a complete loss how to change the settings.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi everyone!

Again, many thanks for your patience! Could you all try and navigate to Membership > Edit Options and make sure the shortcodes are set as follows?

Shortcode visibility default - Yes - Shortcodes are visible by default

Working with a test site on all this, I found that setting set to "Yes" resolved the issue with the homepage being inaccessible. Could you give that a try and let us know how that works for you?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.