Cannot backup media uploads

When I'm trying to create a snapshot of my media uploads, it hangs. I've tried to exclude some large files from the snapshot, but it doesn't help. Other folders are backing up properly.

• James Morris

Hello Teck Seng

I hope you are well today. I'll be following up regarding your chat.

I've run a number of tests on your site and I'm finding that it's always the Files: : media/2017/12 portion of the backups that fails. All other areas are backing up fine. What's happening at that point is you are reaching your I/O cap on your hosting account.

Screenshot:

I checked the directory via cPanel File Manger and the contents list was so long that it crashed the File Manger. I was not able to check that directory any further.

Given that this directory is causing so many problems, and since this is last year's directory and is not likely to change again, my recommendation would be to back this up a single time using the cPanel File Manager or cPanel Backups routine. Then add this directory to your global exclusions in the Snapshots settings. This will alleviate the I/O limit issue and will allow your backups to run successfully.

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.