Cannot call constructor - fatal error

I'm trying to configure Snapshot. I set up the Google project and client stuff... I entered the account id and secret. Then I got this error:

Fatal error: Cannot call constructor in /home/content/72/10812172/html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/destinations/google-drive/Google/Service/Drive.php on line 72

Please advise. I need this backup to work as soon as possible.

Thanks so much.

Tom

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@warpedmind,

This could be any number of things from the PHP version you are running to some other plugin including another version of the Google SDK. Please go to Snapshots > Settings and provide the 'Server Info' text.

Also, try disabling other plugin which might include the Google SDK. See if you can get this further. Or chose some other Snapshot destination type. The error is specific to the Google SDK and not something we wrote internally. But will try and research while you try some other things on your site.

• warpedmind
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Here's my info (and yes, this new client is on an old version of WP... that's why I'm trying to get a backup, so that I can backup their site before I upgrade it (they have no backups at all!)):

WordPress Version 3.5.1
    PHP Version 5.3.24
    MySQL Version 5.0.96
    Is Multisite No
    WP_CRON Snapshot uses WP_CRON to run automated backups. If you have disabled WP_CRON via your wp-config.php you will not be able to schedule snapshots.
    WP_CRON Enabled.
    WP_CRON Lock timeout: 60
    Folder Permissions Writable (0705) – /wp-content/uploads/snapshots
    Writable (0705) – /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_backup
    Writable (0705) – /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_locks
    Writable (0705) – /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_logs
    Writable (0705) – /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_restore
    OpenSSL The OpenSSL Apache module is require to make secure connections with destinations like Dropbox and Amazon AWS.
    OpenSSL installed
    cURL cURL is used when connecting to remote destinations like Dropbox and Amazon AWS.
    cURL installed
    Version: 7.19.7
    SSL Version: NSS/3.14.0.0
    Libz Version: 1.2.3
    Protocols: tftp, ftp, telnet, dict, ldap, ldaps, http, file, https, ftps, scp, sftp
    PHP runtime information
    Display Errors 1
    Error Reporting 4983 - E_ERROR, E_WARNING
    Magic Quotes 1
    Max Execution Time (seconds) 30 The value displayed can be adjusted by Snapshot PHP scripts.
    Memory Limit 40M - WP_MEMORY_LIMIT defined by WordPress wp-config.php.
    256M - WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT defined automatically by WordPress
    Open Basedir Off
    Safe Mode Off
    ZLib Compression Off

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @warpedmind,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the delay on this.

Your server info text, everything looks good there, I'll include @Paul to see if he found out anymore about the error with Google Drive.

In the mean time are any of the other backup methods working correctly, dropbox etc?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@warpedmind,

I have tried a few different plugins... for whatever reason, I don't seem to be able to get a good backup

Well for Snapshot the process of creating the backup is step one of the process. Then the sending of the file to the destination is step two. I'm hoping Snapshot at least handles the creation of the local archive successfully. Please advise.

As for the Server Info I really don't see anything off. The Google Drive library is from Google as part of their SDK. So not sure where to start helping debug this exactly. I do know the minimum PHP version of the Google SDK is 5.2. Looks like you have that covered. I'll try and do some research this morning.

• warpedmind

I don't know why this is giving me so many problems... I don't see any other backups, so I'm not sure, but it looks like that backups are working.

Anyway, I used my ftp as a new destination. Still, the backups are failing, in the same time each time. Please see attached. Could you please help me? I'm desperate to get a good backup asap. I'm willing to set you up with access if you need it.

Thanks so much... let me know please what I can do.

Sincerely,

Tom

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@warpedmind,

Sure, access will be fine. Then I can help take a look at he conflict. For now though just add the following to your wp-config.php to prevent snapshot from loading the google sdk.

define('WPMUDEV_SNAPSHOT_DESTINATIONS_EXCLUDE', 'SnapshotDestinationGoogleDrive');

As for the new issue this may be related to your hosting. Basically from that interactive screen for each step snapshot does an AJAX call from the browser to the server. Depending on the size of your tables this could be many many AJAX calls. Some hosts like GoDaddy see multiply AJAX calls within a few seconds as a possible hack attempt and tend to throttle the connection. Resulting in snapshot aborting.

So as a work around don't try the interactive method. Save the snapshot configuration then on the All Snapshots listing click the 'run now' option for the row item. This will run the item in the background. All the processing is done on the server so there are no AJAX calls.

As for access please use the contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ in he drop down select "I have a different question". Then in the message body mention my name, this thread URL and provide the access details. Will take a look at your site as soon as I can.

Thanks.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@warpedmind,

Sorry, I had replied back via the internal thread where you sent the login information. My reply was "I have logged into the site (thanks) But doesn't look like I have access to anything."

I checked again this morning and still only see Dashboard, Jetpack and Profile menu options once I log into wp-admin. I really need admin access or somehow access to Snapshot.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@warpedmind,

I'm on your site now trying to look into this issue. I noticed you are running a number of other backup plugins. Can these please be disabled? My thought/guess is these other backup tool may also be adding the Google Libraries and could be the source of the conflict.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@warpedmind,

Also to be clear I will not deactivate or update any of your plugin. But I do notice some are out of date. Mainly Snapshot. Wondering if you have some time to get things updated.

Also I noticed you are running WordPress 3.5.1 Is there any reason you cannot upgrade to the latest version? Technically snapshot should still work. But always like to push to have the system up to date as possible.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@warpedmind,

Some further comments on this issue.

In looking at the subject of this thread and the image you presented on this entry.

The image is not related directly to the error reported. When you run snapshot manually it does not connect or try to connect to any destination system. My point here is the 'unknown error' being reported via the image is related to creation of the archive which is step 1 of the snapshot process. There is a secondary step which is to deliver the archive to the selected remote destination.

As a test I created a new snapshot item to just include the database tables. This seems to run just fine. My guess is you have issue including the files to the archive. This could be related to using other backup tools. In effect snapshot will try and include all files so you are creating archives or archive. So maybe you need to look at excluding some of the other backup plugin archive from snapshot.

• warpedmind

@paul, ironically, that is exactly why I'm trying to get Snapshot to work. This is a new client... I noticed how outdated everything is and that their backup solution has not been working. So I'd like to back the site up first and then upgrade everything. But I can't get Snapshot to work, so I can't back anything up, and so I can't upgrade.

Any recommendations?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@warpedmind,

Well lets separate the two issues. As I mentioned above Snapshot uses a two phase process. The first phase creates the actual archive on the local system. The second phase takes the local archive and delivers it to the remote destination if configured to do so.

So in order to get you to the point where you can upgrade things lets try to create a full backup. I'll handle that part of it. Will report back shortly.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@warpedmind,

If you go to Snapshots > All Snapshots you will see a new item in the listing. This backup includes all database tables, themes and plugins.

It does NOT include media files. For some reason I'm not able to include this in the backup. It just causes the archive creation to abort. As mentioned above my guess is the other backup plugins are also storing their archive in the wp-content/uploads folder. Since you have access to the server level and I don't, you will need to setup the file excludes in Snapshot so it does not try to include the other backup plugin archive.

But I think you can safely upgrade things. It is rare when you will loose the media files as they are physical files.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.