Cannot Change Logo

Hello,

I created a logo image earlier today…loaded it up according to the instructions within the Theme Options and all was good. Since then, I felt there should be some “tweaks” made to the image, so I made them in Illustrator, saved as a jpg and have tried continuously to upload it.

I first Delete the current logo. It appears to be gone. I upload and crop the new logo – all looks good. I click “Save Logo” and bam – the old one appears.

I’m too tired to keep doing this over and over again and that would be insanity anyway :slight_smile: Could someone please help me figure out how to change my logo? If I need to reset everything for the theme, it would not be the end of the world at this point – I haven’t gotten too far with it….

Thanks!

Isis

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi Isis,

That’s happened to me before too on various installs, even without a caching plugin. I’ve found that uploading an edited image with the same filename sometimes resurrects the old image (maybe there’s a hidden trash folder somewhere for deleted media items?)

Try uploading your new image with a different filename.

• isis
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks, PCwriter –

I think you are right…I uploaded just something random as a test and it seemed to reset the cache. Although it did not replace the old file, it did seem to “reset” things so that the next go around my new logo installed.

I found afterwards to avoid the whole headache, I just loaded an image into my media library first, then worked with the template for the theme and it would install fine (if I deleted the old file I wanted to erase first).

Gotta love working through these things…thanks for your help!

• Allison Lounes
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I’m having the same problem, and finding that it’s related not only to the file name, but also to file type.

The first ever jpeg file I uploaded as the logo keeps coming back, as does the first ever gif file. I’m totally at a loss, especially since this is a multisite install with the same theme on both domains and it worked fine on the other.

Is there a way to clear the cache?

• weddingstandard
    • New Recruit

Hello,

I created a logo image earlier today…loaded it up according to the instructions within the Theme Options and all was good. Since then, I felt there should be some “tweaks” made to the image, so I made them in Illustrator, saved as a jpg and have tried continuously to upload it.

I first Delete the current logo. It appears to be gone. I upload and crop the new logo – all looks good. I click “Save Logo” and bam – the old one appears.

I’m too tired to keep doing this over and over again and that would be insanity anyway :slight_smile: Could someone please help me figure out how to change my logo? If I need to reset everything for the theme, it would not be the end of the world at this point – I haven’t gotten too far with it….

-Josh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.