Cannot Compress Some Photos

Hi!

Andrea with http://romanceme.travel. For reasons known only to Google, I cannot get into my email attached to that domain, so I am using the email address andreadlagrow@gmail.com.

I am trying out Smush Pro and have smushed my photos on the site repeatedly, using the settings on the plugin. But, according to Hummingbird and Google Page Insights, I still have some smushing to do. I can see (see attachments) that there are four copies of each photo on the site, but Smush Pro is not smushing the original, which I can override. But, after searching your site, and looking for a way to do that, I cannot figure out how to do that. I cannot find a way to select the individual photos that need smushing and smush them. Can you please help me? I have already given you access to my site through the developer panel.

Thank you for your help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andrea,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site and it seems that currently all images are smushed, which is great. The original images however are indeed "excluded" from smushing.

In order to Smush original images though you would first need to turn that option in WP Smush Settings. To do this go to the: "Media -> WP Smush" page and enable the "Include my original full-size images" option.

After this option is enabled WP Smush Pro should suggest that there are images that need smushing. At this point you may either run a bulk smush again and it should handle original images then or you may go to "Media -> Library" page, switch it "list view" for convenient use and use "Smush now" link which should show up for some of the images to manually smush only selected files.

After this is completed you may decide to keep "Include my original fullo-size images" option enabled so original images would also be optimized upon upload or disable it again.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.