Cannot connect WPMUDEV

Hello,

I cannot connect WPMUDEV, I receive the following error:

And the hosting company replied:

Or web hosting does allow fsocketopen and CURL but it does not allow the connections to call back on itself. Maybe something has changed on the plugin if it has worked on your previous installations? It's worth checking if the plugin does a call back onto it self and for that you will need to contact the plugin authors. If it does then I'm afraid the plugin cannot be used with our hosting.

Please advise.

Thank you!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Alex,

The plugin doesn't do a callback onto itself so that shouldn't be the issue. Although, it does appear something is blocking the connection and this is usually a server side issue. However, it can also be caused by a plugin conflict.

Can you try running through this troubleshooting flow chart:

If you would prefer that we did that for you while troubleshooting further then can you send in FTP and your wp-admin?

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you grant support access then no need to send in wp-admin

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
      • CGO

Hey Alex,

Thanks for sending that in. So it turns out our serer has blocked your sites IP address. I've sent a message to our system admins to look into why and also get it unblocked. I'll reply back here as soon as I hear back :slight_smile:

If you need to install/update any plugins in the meantime you can still do that from each project page:

Just in-case you didn't already know that.

But yeah it shouldn't take long to get it unblocked. Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
      Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Alex, your IP is unblocked so you should be able to log back in without any problems. Apparently the IP was flooding our API; however, that could have been due to a site that had your IP address before you or if it's a shared IP then another site on the server.

Either way, it's unblocked now so you shouldn't have a problem logging in, if you do then just let me know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.