Cannot control sidebar options on Product pages in Marketpress

I am having a difficult time seeing where to control sidebar location or whether or not a sidebar is displayed at all on Product pages or category pages.

http://s17661.p20.sites.pressdns.com/store/products/spawn-sacs-chart-2/

This page has it on the right, but on this category page, there are no sidebars

http://s17661.p20.sites.pressdns.com/store/products/category/nightcrawlers/

thanks in advance for the help!

Mike

• Rupok

Hi Mike, thanks for asking this.

This might be your theme issue. I just checked this in default WordPress theme and sidebars are being shown on all pages. Can you please activate any default WordPerss theme and check if sidebars are shown on all page?

If sidebars are not shown even on default WordPress themes on your site, would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Mike,

Product category page is using default archive template from your theme - your theme does not have sidebar for archive templates from what I see in code and also doesn't support custom taxonomies so it wont control categories and tags from MarketPress.
    Custom Sidebars plugin will not create sidebars because it only replaces existing sidebars. If on certain page there is no sidebar, custom sidebar will not work there.

At the moment you would need to edit manually archive template so it will have a sidebar - but I'm not familiar with this theme ( the7 is paid third party plugin) so you would need to contact authors of that theme to ask how is best way to add sidebar for archive template.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi Mike,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you are having. You can create almost all the pages of MarketPress with shortcodes, and shortcodes work absolutely fine in Upfront Themes. So MarketPress should work fine with Upfront themes. Is there any specific issue with MarketPress and Upfront Themes you are facing? Can you please let us know? We will try our level best to resolve that for you.

MarketPress does not play nice with many plugins or themes

Can you please let us know which other plugins are not playing nice with MarketPress? I've lots of plugins installed in my test site and they don't have any conflict with MarketPress, so if you could give us idea, we could check with those plugins.

And I've just tested with at least 10 themes from the WordPress repository and MarketPress is working fine with all of them. So can you please tell us which theme is not playing nice with MarketPress?

Please send us as much details as possible. We will be very glad to help regarding these.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Mike,

Can you show me your upfront install that has Marketpress working?

I have created a screencast just for you showing you my Upfront installation that has MarketPress working absolutely fine: http://take.ms/ino17

Well, then I talked with my colleagues and found that not all themes play nice with MarketPress. So what our other staff told you is also true. I have Spirit on my test site and it works fine with MarketPress, on the other hand other themes don't have a very promising output.

But I'm confirming you that our developers are well aware about this and they are working on this. I believe, they will come up with a solution very soon. I'll request you to wait for a while until they are done. I really appreciate your patience.

The7 theme does not seem to work well with MP

The7 is from Themeforest right? Well, that is a third party paid theme and I'm afraid, I don't have any access to their coding and architecture. So I'm not actually sure why these two are not playing together. I've checked with lots of themes from WordPress Theme Directory and all of them played nicely with MP. So can you please ask the theme developers regarding this? I believe, they can give you best idea about why that theme is behaving such. Please let us know what they say about this. If there is anything from our end, we will be glad to help.

I think MP is just not feature rich enough for live eCommerce sites?

I personally think MP has all features to be enough for running a live e-commerce site. If you think we should have some more features, can you please tell us what those features are? I'll surely forward your suggestions to our developers and move your thread to our Features and Feedback section.

uber menus do not work well with Upfront

I just searched for you and it seems like, if you use menu shortcode in Upfront text element, it will work fine. Can you please check this workaround here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-integrate-upfront-with-ubermenu#post-926880 ? I believe, this will help.

clashes with Upfront's google maps integration per your support staff in other threads

Can you please provide that thread link? I can tell you better about this after watching that thread.

And I really appreciate your findings and suggestions. Please let us know as many as you can remember. This will help us to take care of those and make your MarketPress experience better.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.