Cannot create sftp Accounts

As of right now, it seems to be impossible to create sftp accounts. This has been a reoccurring problem for the last several days. I get 2 errors. I haven't been able to deduce when I get one vs the other.

The first is "Internal Server Error." The second is "Unable to create the user, please try again."

It turns out that the request that returned a Server Error eventually did create the account several minutes after I submitted the request. The other accounts as of now have not appeared.

I also get the "Internal Server Error" when I try to update the password for an existing sftp account.

Thanks.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Ben

Hope you are doing good today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I was able to check your account on our hosting and I was able to create SFTP account and change password there without any issue.

Can you double check from your side again? (also please delete my test account which I create there because delete required WPMU current user password).

Please note that the hosting is still in beta and there may be some temporary issues.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Ben

I was able again to create new SFTP account on my hosting and also reset password.
    I also check your hosting nad this test user and I was able to reset password there.

I think those are still temporary issues which are related to beta version. Please note each day our developers improve hosting functionality, they fix errors and update some parts. This could cause some issues while using hosting.

If any error appear again please give it a try in intervals like 1h to see can you replicate same error :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Ben
    • Bandoneonista

Trying to change the password for moretango3-productio on the hosted site moretango3.wpmudev.host still returns a server error. Go ahead and try it. I can't use that account anyway.

I suspect it has to do either with the length of the username (which was entered originally as moretango3-production or with the dash in the username.

This has been a consistent issue for several days.

Thanks,
    Ben

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.