Cannot create or edit any coupons in Membership2

Hello,
after installing the beta version 1.1.2 beta5 to fix a problem with the Stripe payment gateway and the coupons, now that I wanted to add a new coupon and/or edit others, I cannot add a new or edit an old coupon anymore, at all.

As I wanted to offer a special Christmas deal today and send out a new campaign, this is really urgent and frustrating because the support told me before this new version would have fixed the problem of coupons that beforehand were behaving differently depending on whether being used for Paypal or Stripe.

Could you please help me ASAP and tell me how to fix this issue?
Thanks very much.

Best,
Felix

• Kris Tomczyk

Hi Dario,

Hope you are doing good during Christmas Holidays.

I test it on my end Membership version 1.1.2 beta5 and I'm able to create new coupons or edit existing ones. I also check this on your site and I confirm that there is no possibility to add coupons. I also try to clear your site cache by WP Tolal Cache - but no results.

Would you please run a conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except WPMU DEV Dasboard and Membership and check if the problem gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is having conflict. If there is no positive result, switch to default WordPress theme like 2017 and see if it works.

#######################################

Would you please also follow those steps after you finish plugin and theme conflict:

1. Add this code to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

also delete

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

The line should be placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */"

2. Try to add coupon again.

3. Check /wp-content/ folder is there a debug.log file. Please upload this file to some dropbox or google drive and share a link here. Thanks to this file we will understand what is causing the error.

If you feel uncomfortable with those 3 steps I can do it for you. I will need your FTP credentials. Please send it through our secure contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and make sure that subject is "I have a different question" and:
    - Mark to my attention: ATTN: Krzysztof Tomczyk
    - FTP credentials (host / username / password)
    - Link back to this thread

Please confirm here in thread that you have sent that message.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Felix

Hello Kris,

Thank you for this detailed and quick response. And merry Christmas.

Just as a first note:
    - After seeking support from you guys, I replaced the beta5 1.1.2 by the older version where coupons cannot be customized as in the newest version, but now adding and editing coupons works again well. But, of course, I would like to use the newer version of Membership2 to be able to enable coupons for recurring payments, as well, which is not possible in the older version I'm using right now.

I will create the coupon now with the older version to run our Christmas campaign and will not change to the beta5 until after Christmas, even though the coupon will not work properly - but works at least at all!

After Christmas, I will swap versions again and go through the steps you suggested to find a potential plug-in conflict and make it easy for you to understand the problem.

Can I do anything in advance?
    Best,
    Felix

• Ash

Hello Dario

Usually, we don't suggest to use beta version as this is not QA passed, so if you really want to use, please do it with caution.

There is nothing you need to do in advance except taking a backup. So, please take a backup of your entire site including database before you proceed with conflict test. You can create a backup easily using our snapshot plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Let us know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.